Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.Position Overview:
Are you curious and analytical? Do you thrive on working in a team environment? Are you looking for an inclusive company culture? Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Modeling and Analytics team needs creative, forward-thinking individuals like you! We are searching for quantitative, modeling, and data science talent at all experience levels; we want to hire individuals who seek out complex business problems and develop viable solutions. As a member of our team, you will contribute to a variety of industry-leading models for assessing the creditworthiness of prospective borrowers, underwriting loans, predicting the value and condition of homes, valuing mortgages, forecasting losses, measuring house price appreciation, improving operations, and more! Your work will help make financing a home faster, fairer, more affordable, and safer for borrowers, lenders, and investors.
Apply now and grow your career working alongside hardworking people who want you to succeed!Our Impact:
Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Modeling and Analytics team is an organization that builds models and analytics to advance the strategies of the Single-Family business so that Freddie Mac can help get people into homes they can afford and keep. Our models are behind many key business initiatives at Freddie Mac such as Credit Risk Transfer, Portfolio Management, Collateral Valuation, Risk Management, Affordable Housing, Mortgage Fair Lending. We are guided and empowered by several core principles, including the need to leverage the full team and that cross-disciplined approaches are far more likely to produce breakthrough models. We recognize that to be at our best we need to build an organization that allows individuals to learn about and participate in a variety of models and modeling techniques.
In our team, candidates work with enthusiastic and collaborative professionals with a diverse set of backgrounds in econometrics, statistics, machine learning and analytics. Applying their quant skills, candidates routinely extract, understand and analyze data in our wide repository of sources, and further produce insights and build models that will inform Freddie Mac’s decisions on our mortgage portfolio. Candidates have the opportunity to perform a wide range of analyses with high impact on management decisions.Your Impact:
- Working with large data sets and relational database systems, develop analytical methods and models that assess the credit risk of new and existing financial and mortgage products.
- Conduct research on enhancements to the existing models, and applying industry standard methodologies and techniques to meet various business needs.
- Provide innovative, detailed and practical solutions to an extensive range of demanding and complicated problems.
- Implementing statistical models in efficient software languages, coding model prototypes for specification and test cases, modifying source codes in the existing application.
- Coordinating the testing through the model implementation, conducting back tests to monitor the model performance, and performing economic tests and stress tests to validate the model forecast results.
- Providing modeling and analytical support to a line of business or product area, functioning as day-to-day technical specialist.
- Preparing documentation for the technical analytics and rationale through the model development to comply with model oversight and support model review for approval.
- Working under limited direction, independently resolving and developing approach to solutions.
- Doctorate degree, or Master degree with 3 years of equivalent work experience, in quantitative finance, statistics, economics or a related quantitative field
- Demonstrated knowledge through coursework or work experience in applying predictive modeling techniques from econometrics, statistics, finance, mathematics, data science, or computer programming to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include—but is not limited to—econometrics, statistics, mathematical programming, optimization, machine learning, computational methods, design and analysis of algorithms, Bayesian methods, derivatives, or Monte Carlo methods
- Demonstrated knowledge through coursework or work experience writing statistical or optimization programs to develop models and algorithms. Programming languages may include—but are not limited to—SAS, Python, R, SQL, Java, or C++
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Exceptional quantitative and analytics skills
- Strong knowledge of econometric and statistical models, tools and techniques
- Strong programming skills
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:Research & ModelingFLSA Status:Exempt