There’s a lot of uncertainty in the professional world right now. While many companies are still growing, hiring, and promoting, our focus has shifted away from career growth and towards temporary solutions. That being said, there’s never been a better time to reflect on what we need, where we want to be, and how to get there.
During our virtual event with Flexport’s Head of Learning & Development and two employees who pivoted careers we discussed inspiring your career search and gaining the tools to get where you’re going. We discussed career progression and changes during COVID-19, crafting the ideal job, and action items for moving forward.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 9:30 AM PT / 5:30 PM BST - PowerToFly Kickoff
- 9:35 AM PT / 5:35 PM BST - Welcome Address from Sarah Gehrki, Director, People Programs and Chief of Staff to Head of People
- 9:45 AM PT / 5:45 PM BST - Panel Discussion, Career Progression & Pivots featuring:
- Christina Cook, Business Intelligence Analyst
- Sarah Gehrki, Director, People Programs and Chief of Staff to Head of People
- Lauren Fernandez, Head of Learning and Development
- 10:00 AM PT / 6:00 PM BST - Crafting Your Future Activity
- 10:15 AM PT/ 6:15 PM BST - Community Breakout Sessions
- 10:30 AM PT / 6:30 PM BST - Closing Remarks
Flexport is the first digitized operating system for global trade. They have a rare business model that not only satisfies the global trade market but grows it. Over the past two years, Flexport has more than tripled its headcount and expanded its worldwide presence to 14+ offices and warehouses. While scaling rapidly, they’ve developed critical employee learning and development programs. Those involved in these initiatives will work with you to reassess your priorities and grow your own career, no matter the industry.
If you’re interested in joining Flexport’s team, check out these job opportunities. The team looks forward to connecting with skilled professionals searching for careers in sales, tech, operations, finance, and more.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run startup that works with companies to identify skilled professionals they’d like to network with. Over the past two years, we’ve produced over one hundred events across the world with brands like American Express, Microsoft, Deloitte, and Slack, which have resulted in countless hires. Visit http://powertofly.com to learn more.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age.