Reddit was nicknamed The Front Page of the Internet when it’s wide-reaching content covered the world’s most trending stories. The platform is composed of millions of communities (“subreddits”) devoted to a range of content, from vital to trivial. Three things remain the same across the platform: it’s authentic, honest, and proudly untamed.
It begs the question: how exactly did they do it? And what keeps redditors coming back for more? We had the exclusive opportunity to meet the women masterminds behind Reddit’s fame and success. We hosted an exciting virtual evening of tech talks, panel discussions, and a live Q&A session where Reddit’s leaders tackled attendees questions.
- 5:00 PM ET / 2:00 PM PT - PowerToFly Kickoff
- 5:05 PM ET / 2:05 PM PT - Keynote & Welcome Address from Afua Donkor, Sr. Human Resource Business Partner
- 5:10 PM ET / 2:10 PM PT - Tech Talk by Roxy Young, VP of Marketing
5:20 PM ET / 2:20 PM PT - Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A featuring women leaders from Reddit
- Aylea Baldwin, Threat Intelligence Lead
- Samantha Carow, Engineering Manager II
- Diana Nam, Head of Brand Success West
- Rebecca Rosenthal, Software Engineer III
- 5:55 PM ET / 2:55 PM PT - Closing Remarks by PowerToFly
- 6:00 PM ET / 3:00 PM PT - Optional Breakout Sessions Begin
- 6:30 PM ET / 3:30 PM PT - Optional Breakout Sessions Conclude, Event Ends
It’s a household name to many, yet Reddit remains an oddly vague platform to countless people who recognize the site but have no understanding of its purpose. Sounds like you? Learn more on Reddit's PowerToFly page.
While you don’t have to be searching for a job to re-watch this event, Reddit is hiring and would love to connect with skilled professionals interested in joining the fifth most visited site in the USA (source: Alexa) with more than 430 million monthly active users and 21 billion screen views per month.
For such a fast-growing company that engages people from across the world, diversity is essential. Reddit is edgy, forward-thinking, and passionate about building a team that reflects its audience. Could you be the next great fit? Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to connect with Reddit’s leaders and get your foot in the door.
About PowerToFly: PowerToFly is a women-run startup that works with companies to identify skilled professionals they’d like to network with. Over the past two years, we’ve produced over two hundred virtual and in-person events across the world with brands like American Express, Microsoft, Deloitte, and Slack, which have resulted in countless hires. Visit http://powertofly.com to learn more.
About PowerToFly’s Events: All RSVP’d attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age.