With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities, and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. American Express offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology of #TeamAmex.
Our success rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable, and efficient Infrastructure. So, if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
· Contribute to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
· Design, build, enhance and integrate the infrastructure required to support various platforms and our business portfolio
· Support initiatives that deliver workable end-to-end infrastructure solutions
· Participates in test planning and execution
· Design and implement American Express data network solutions
· Function as a technical Subject Matter Expert for American Express data networks, including Global WAN, SD-WAN, MAN, LAN, and many additional technologies and platforms
· Evaluate new and emerging products and solutions
· Ensure new platforms and technologies align to business and IT strategy
· Assist with network automation initiatives
· Provide Level 3 troubleshooting and support for critical network issues or outages
· Coach, mentor, and train less experienced colleagues as required
· Provide architectural governance; review projects to ensure alignment to architectural standards and technical strategy
· Partner with third party vendors and carriers to ensure quality delivery and adherence to standards
· Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience in Enterprise Networking technologies
· 7+ years of experience in building and supporting Enterprise-scale data networks
· Expert level knowledge in routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
· Expert level knowledge in routing, switching, and network technologies such as Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, Port-Channels, 802.1x, QoS, VLANs, SVIs, and Multicast
· Expert level IP knowledge, including TCP, UDP, and ICMP
· Strong knowledge of Cisco switching and routing platforms
· Experience with the following:
oSD-WAN technology and platforms
oIPSec VPN technology and platforms
oPublic cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
oData center space provider offerings (Equinix Fabric, etc.)
oNetwork automation and scripting
oAnalyzing packet traces
· Good understanding of security infrastructure, including firewall concepts
· Ability to work under pressure and efficiently manage workload on multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with ability to communicate to all levels of peers, customers, and leadership
· Must be able to function effectively both individually and within a team
· F5 Application delivery controllers
· Riverbed WAN Acceleration
· Certification Requirements: Cisco CCIE or CCNP preferred
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $190,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite or in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days). MUST BE IN PHOENIX AREA.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.