About Clarus Commerce
At Clarus Commerce, our focus is on the employee, their growth and their work/life balance satisfaction is always Top of Mind. The minute you step through the door, you’ll be joining a company that values everyone’s opinion, rewards and recognizes exemplary work, prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion, and loves to have fun.
You’ll also be a part of a business that is constantly being recognized for excellence. We’ve been chosen as a “Top Workplace” nine years in a row, we have been named one of Boston’s Best & Brightest, a “Top Company Culture” nationally and have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Boston Globe, Cosmopolitan and Time Magazine. Life is too short, so join a company where you can turn a job into a career—and have a great time doing it.
Clarus Commerce specializes in building custom premium loyalty programs for our clients. We also have a direct to consumer business where we manage consumer facing subscription shopping products, such as LivePlayGo, ShopSmarter and FreeShipping.com.
This is a remote opportunity in the following US States: AR, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, WI.
Systems Administrator Manager Overview:
The System Administrator Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and security of company computer and networking systems. The System Administrator Manager will lead a team of System Administrators in responding to employee concerns or drafting documents to help employees use computer systems and coordinating with company leadership to determine new technologies that could enhance their company’s computer systems. The System Administrator Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Systems Administrator:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues.
- Maintain, upgrade and administer the Microsoft 365 tenant.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Assist with escalations from helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and environment performance.
- Responsible for management, training and development of the System Administrator team.
- Provide regular progress updates to the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure.
- Perform weekly sprint planning for the System Administrator team.
Skills and Experience of the Systems Administrator:
- 5+ years of network administration, or system administration experience
- 2+ years of personnel management expereince
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Fluent with administration of Microsoft 365
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, Hyper-V. AWS/Azure a plus.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols. Switch and firewall management.
- Experience with Powershell scripting and other automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
Benefits and Perks of the Systems Administrator:
- Flexible hours and work environment, working in a flexible WFH (hybrid) policy.
- Unlimited PTO, including closing every Friday at 2pm (all year round) and a paid week off between Christmas and New Year's.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, disability, Life, Safe Harbor 401K plan with a 3% contribution from Clarus, 100% vested to you right away.
- Wellness Program with great prizes.
- Every employee is given $1,000 every year for training and development purposes
- Lots of opportunity for training, mentorship, and growth (career trajectories for employees).
Clarus Commerce is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As such we are collecting this data from applicants. Completion of this data is voluntary and will not affect your opportunity for employment or terms or conditions of employment. This data will be used for reporting purposes only and will be kept separate from all other personnel records and only accessed by the Human Resources Department. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.