Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD, Something Navy, Boll & Branch, and Rhone use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series B round for $50m, our institutional investors include Tiger Global, Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.The Role:
We are seeking a highly technical, entrepreneurial Sales Engineer who will report directly to the Senior Director of Solutions Architecture. The ideal candidate has a proven track record for working on complex deals with a technical product, ideally in the eCommerce or data platform space. They are coachable, curious, intelligent, customer-centric, and have a strong work ethic.
The Sales Engineer will be an early member of our Sales team and will be expected to help collaborate with the team and contribute individually as we build out new systems/processes and optimize existing ones.
This position is an outside sales role and involves travel (about 25%) and onsite meetings (post-COVID).In this role you will:
- Partner with Account Executives to close deals, operating as the technical lead on the sales team
- Help identify prospect's technical requirements and validate if/why Nacelle is best technical fit for the prospect
- Manage the POC process with prospects to successful completion
- Contribute field knowledge and feedback to direct future product requirements/enhancements
- Help transition closed/won deals to our CS organization
- Maintain clean and thorough opportunity notes and forecast in Salesforce
- Create and deliver customized product demonstrations for prospects and customers
- You enjoy solving problems with a solutions oriented approach
- You thrive in a technical client facing role
- You possess a strong breadth of experience as a Sales/Solutions Engineer at a venture-backed SaaS company
- Experience selling to CTOs or other technical personas
- Experience managing technical POC processes with engineering evaluators
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce
- Familiarity with integrations between systems and how software services work with another
- Demonstrated repeatable success in previous roles
- Experience selling eCommerce and/or data SaaS solutions
- Series A to Series B stage startup experience
- Experience with custom eCommerce builds and integrations
- Experience with event driven architectures
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.Benefits & Perks:
Nacelle aims to build a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We have a number of wonderful benefits to support that.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- 100% Remote culture with a minimum of one company in-person retreat per year + team-specific retreats
- Company provided Macbook
Authorization to work in either the U.S. or Canada is a precondition of employment at Nacelle. We unfortunately are not able to provide employment sponsorship at this time.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.