When you join Team Amex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey with programs, benefits, and flexibility to back you personally and professionally. Every colleague shares in the company’s success.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to our customers, communities, and each other every day. And, we’ll do it with integrity and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. Within GCS, the US Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) segment is a key area of strategic focus and investment. The Digital Commerce team accelerates growth for US SME by developing best-in-class, integrated digital experiences from the first touchpoint in the acquisition journey through onboarding.
The Director of Media and Paid Search reaches and converts prospective Card Members through our digital media and paid search channels. This role is responsible for maximizing ROI on a $100M+ budget, identifying and championing innovation to find new audiences and help them connect with our products. In partnership with a wide range of digital platform partners, (e.g., Google, Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn) this role will manage performance and drive innovation. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic mindset, a deep understanding of the digital landscape, a track record of leading innovation and growth, and an ability to communicate a compelling vision to leadership.
- Bring Subject Matter Expertise: This person will lead our paid media and search strategy as we evolve our go-to-market for B2B. They will launch and manage a combination of traditional and innovative digital advertising formats, and work with creative partners to bring these placements to life.
- Define and Develop E2E Strategy: This person will define what winning looks like in their channels. Specifically, they will need to assess the current partner mix and optimization strategy, and make recommendations to maximize performance.
- Results-Oriented: This person will be accountable for analyzing trends to anticipate and forecast changes in demand.
- Champion Attribution & Measurement: Measurement for digital media is at an inflection point across the industry. This person will help define the right KPIs to quantify the impact of the channel across the digital ecosystem and articulate the halo impact driven to other channels. This role will also lead internal relationships with Finance to evolve investment in business activities.
- Lead Partnerships: This person will be responsible for leading relationships across key media and search partners, both internal and external.
- Turn a Love of Data into Actionable Insights: This person will leverage data to analyze and assess creative, partner, and product performance, identifying areas for further optimization and new opportunities for growth.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a high-growth digital environment, ideally with experience in paid media and/or paid search
- A deep understanding of the paid media landscape and an ability to stay ahead of a constantly changing digital marketplace
- Strong leadership and relationship skills
- An ability to understand how investments drive performance and comfort building forecasts
- Experience partnering with external agencies
- Comfort working with varied data sets to surface insights and form recommendations
- Passion for digital media, innovation, and transformation
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.