If you are located within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week), Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work any 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need. Our office is located at 3131 Camino Del Rio N, San Diego, CA, 92108.
We offer weeks of paid on the job training. The hours during training will be based off their schedule. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Develops and maintains detailed project plans
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various cross functional areas
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques
- Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results
- Scribe meeting minutes and track associated action items
- Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope
- Manages customer, vendor, service providers, etc., to define project scope and performance expectations
- Manage office documents in accordance with Enterprise Records Management procedures
- Other tasks assigned as per business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of administrative assistant experience
- 2+ years of experience in project management of varying roles and training / education in project management methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including, Microsoft Word (creating, editing, saving, formatting), Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets), Microsoft PowerPoint (create, edit, and format presentations), Microsoft Visio (ability to create, edit, save, and send presentations), Microsoft Outlook (compose and respond to email), and Microsoft OneNote (organize and store documents and other information)
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need
- Reside within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Training or education on project management and project management methodologies
- Extremely detail - oriented, creative, dependable, and trustworthy, with positive attitude
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with internal and external customers and other personnel both orally and in writing
- Apply strong problem - solving skills to identify unique situations that would require the attention of management
- Maintain a high standard of work even under pressure of deadlines and frequent interruptions, remaining professional, responsive and cooperative
- Meet deadlines consistently, displaying flexibility and an eagerness to get the job done
- Work with integrity, trust, and commitment, setting an example for others
- Be coachable and proactive in their own development and relentless in the pursuit of excellence
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $22.45 - $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.