At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
The Shipping Expansion Specialist is a product-oriented seller responsible for selling shipping products to increase efficiency in shipping sales motions. You are a Shipping Expansion Specialist, responsible for full customer lifecycle sales in identifying upselling and expansion opportunities within assigned accounts. As a Shipping Expansion Specialist, you will be responsible for growing Pitney Bowes market share in the shipping & mailing market segment in the assigned geographic territory.
This position will cover the greater southeast area and will require you to live in commutable distance from this area. The base salary range for this position is $76000 to $95000, with the actual pay dependent on your skills and experience as they relate to the job requirements. This position is eligible to participate in a sales incentive compensation plan, including uncapped commissions.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial fearless sales hunter who drives revenue through prospecting, cold calling, converting leads, building rapport and new relationships, and identifying organic opportunities with excellent DNA process
- Autonomous, high performing, team driven, and have a keen sense for customer service and client relationship building
- Are passionate about enabling client success and improving client shipping and receiving process
- Effective at executing solution-based sales motions from opportunity development, demo, proposal and closure
- Collaborative team player who effectively partners with technical pre and post sales teams and passing leads to renewal teams where needed
- An engaging communicator who is adapt at identifying client decision-makers and quickly building report with multiple layers with a client’s organization
- Join our Sending Technology Solutions (SendTech) team working from a remote home-based office in the designated territory, and report to the Regional Sales Director.
- Act as a product-oriented seller responsible managing the full customer lifecycle and wholly focused on Shipping products to increase efficiency in Shipping sales motions.
- Expand selling within existing accounts, outside of the contract renewal window, new expansion business, and competitive displacement opportunities.
- Act as a consultant to customers offering solutions for the efficient preparation, shipping, and receiving management of packages.
- Manage key relationships with clients to execute upsell and expand opportunities within assigned accounts.
- Understand and effectively communicate the value proposition for the Shipping solution product set.
- Works with a team of segment-aligned Client Success Managers (for SPE accounts), and Sales Engineers to execute against objectives.
- Sold Quota Attainment – Achieve the assigned total sold quota target including quota from shipping and receiving solutions to existing and new clients.
- Channel Partnering – Partner with dedicated tele-sales to ensure complete territory and account coverage. Leverage resources to assist in making customer contacts, validating applications, identifying new sales opportunities, conducting DNA and assist with closing business on an as needed basis. Ensure complete territory and account coverage. Partner with customers to resolve issues and assist in retaining customers as needed.
- Sales Activity Reporting – Ensure the timely/accurate recording, tracking, and reporting of all sales activities and customer/competitive information through ongoing usage of approved sales automation tools – i.e., Salesforce, CPQ.
- Pipeline Management & Forecasting -Provide an accurate forecast of personal sales results. Continuously review all opportunities in the sales pipeline and advance the stage of the sale to provide an accurate record of sales activities and monthly results that roll-up to the sales forecast.
- Sales Execution – Based on direction established by customer marketing and the Regional Sales Director executes sales contacts based on campaign requirements, sales leads, and other national sales execution requirements.
- Personal Development & Training – Take personal accountability to complete all assigned training, certification and personal development requirements as required.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven sales success
- Proven ability to personally execute the solutions sales process, developing new and building account relationships to consistently achieve and exceed sales goals and business results
- Proven use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools such as CPQ
- Strong knowledge of the mailing, shipping, and print industry is preferred but not a must
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Our Sending Technology Solutions business provides innovative mailing and shipping solutions that enable small and medium businesses to simplify their sending operations and deliver greater value to their customers. Our mailing and shipping technology supports more than one million businesses, from addressing and postage evidencing to multi-carrier parcel shipping and payments.
What separates this role from others out there?
What categorizes Mid-Market Accounts (size of deals)?
Sales Comp (Base, Sales Incentive) How do they get Paid, Comp Range?
Example of current offer letter verbiage-
- As of 01/30/2023 you will be subject to a New Hire compensation plan (“New Hire Plan”) for your initial three months with Pitney Bowes Inc. as a Major Account Manager (MAM3). Under the New Hire Plan, you will receive your monthly salary, less applicable deductions and tax withholdings, and will also be eligible to receive a monthly bonus “guarantee” of an additional $3000.00 per month, less applicable deductions and tax withholdings, during this initial three month period, payable following the completion of each month during this period. In addition, during this initial three month period you also will also receive 10% flat commission on all installed business.
Potential Screening Questions: i.e., Revenue Mgt., Sales Attainment previous year)
- Current year’s funded volume (# deals), revenue generated?
- YTD and projected pace for this year?
- Last year’s funded volume (# deals), revenue generated?
Size of Your Transactions
- Average deal size
- Typical dollar range (small to large)
- # of applications per month
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (PB Live Well)
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.