CAREERS AT WOLTERS KLUWERHuman impact that moves society.
Your work will help professionals make critical decisions that impact the lives of millions of people and shape society for the future.
We are looking for a Senior Devops Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team at UpToDate and help build, monitor and support our applications and infrastructure spanning on premise and in cloud environments. This is an opportunity to use and expand your knowledge of Devops processes and practices, and of systems and operations, as we continue to extend our work to Cloud Platforms. This position is part of an established team, and will have opportunities to employ a wide range of technologies in configuration/infrastructure as code, Build and Release pipeline automation, monitoring and observability, containerization, and cloud computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Engineering, Security, and IT to build, deploy, maintain, support and monitor a complex microservice-based application
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define, design and implement infrastructure, deployment, monitoring requirements in on-premise and Cloud based projects.
- Provide first level support for application software issues in all environments.
- Prioritize and rapidly troubleshoot issues to ensure maximum uptime and optimal performance for application teams in our production environment.
- Design and implement devops pipelines and resource deployment and configuration utilizing Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management approaches / tools.
- Implement and collaborate on solutions that increase the monitoring and observability of systems at scale and detect and alert on trends of information.
- Define metrics to ensure the high performance and stability of our development and production environments.
- Enable and implement continuous delivery and continuous integration using Jenkins pipelines
- Analyze a variety of approaches to SRE / DevOps problems – provide pros and cons of different approaches to the team to arrive at an agreed upon direction.
- Bachelor's of Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of software related experience required (Site Reliability, DevOps, and/or Release Eng)
- Experience with SOA or microservices architectures (preferred in Java) is desired
- Hands on experience with scripting for sysadmin tasks including Bash, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools Terraform, Azure RM.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management tools with preference to Ansible.
- Extensive experience managing Linux, Windows VMs.
- Cloud experience and architectural understanding of Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with build and deployment systems including Jenkins, ArgoCD, Git, BitBucket.
- Knowledge of build tools like Maven and Gradle.
- Solid understanding of networking, VNets, private endpoint management, firewall and azure control plane exposure.
- Ability to define and manage projects using a variety of tools and methods. Agile Scrum and Kanban, Jira and Confluence a plus.
- Experience and deep commitment to promoting a DevOps culture focusing on continuous integration, automated deployment, repeatable deployment and DR.
- Demonstrate strong problem analysis, problem resolution, and decision making and judgment skills.
- Demonstrate excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and excel in a fast-paced and demanding environment
Wolters Kluwer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability status.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are the cornerstone of everything we do at PowerToFly. Together, we build a culture of belonging that guides our mission, values, services, products, employees, clients, and community. This active and intentional foundation fuels our innovation and impact to advance economic equality in underrepresented communities. We are a global team committed to mitigating bias and lifting barriers in our recruitment and hiring processes.
PowerToFly is an equal opportunity employer and ensures individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other qualities protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.