Who We Are
McMaster-Carr is an e-commerce company offering more than half a million products used to keep businesses in motion. We owe success to experimentation and innovation and invite team members to put their creativity to work. An emphasis on curiosity and development celebrates diverse experiences, backgrounds and identities. McMaster-Carr’s commitment to an inclusive workplace is evident in the way we form teams and develop on-site resources. We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our headquarters in the Chicago-area.
Engineers experience a culture of development through collaborative learning, mentorship and the ability to explore new topics. They enjoy the challenge of architecting and building networks from end-to-end to support customers and coworkers. Our dynamic business requires agile professionals with a growth mindset to tackle challenges and add value across a variety of initiatives. Interest in developing project leadership skills and mentoring others is welcome.
Engineers create enjoyable experiences for more than 350,000 daily customer visits to mcmaster.com. They ensure connectivity between five US-based locations and the Internet and play an integral in McMaster-Carr’s reputation of responsiveness, reliability and trustworthiness among customers through a diverse range of projects.
McMaster-Carr understands that work is just one part of a full life. We offer an inclusive workplace dedicated to equity and employee well-being where great work is rewarded with growth opportunities, highly competitive pay and generous benefits.
• Profit-sharing for all employees
• Comprehensive health benefits without monthly premiums
• 100% company-funded retirement program
• 100% company-paid tuition
• Work-from-home flexibility
• First-time home buyer assistance
• 5+ years of experience architecting, leading and maintaining network implementations using Cisco technologies
• Hands-on experience with ACI, NX-OS, IOS, BGP, EIGRP and OSPF routing
• Familiarity with wireless networks, wide area networks (WAN), provider integration, network automation and network security
• Communication skills to thrive in a highly collaborative environment where Agile and fast-moving practice are the norm</section>