ABSL Space Products (a division of EnerSys Advanced Systems) is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. The ABSL team in Longmont, CO designs Lithium-Ion battery systems to meet the strenuous requirements of space travel. Our batteries power the future of space exploration, scientific advancement, and more in some of the finest spacecraft and launch vehicles in the industry. The ABSL team is tight-knit and employees value the small company feel while also being a part of EnerSys, the global leader in stored energy solutions. The ABSL team is growing and looking for individuals that share a common interest in the space and power industry and want to work in this exciting environment.
What We’re Offering
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision for employee and dependents at a discounted rate
- Life insurance, short term disability, educational reimbursement, flex spending and employee stock purchase plan
- 401K (we match 100% at 6% contribution level)
- 9/80 schedule (9hr days M-F and then every other Friday off – every other weekend is a 3-day weekend)
- Be part of a smart, high performing and passionate team.
- An office conveniently located in Longmont, right off diagonal highway.
- Culture: We are a group of smart, talented people who are passionate about what we do…and we have fun while doing it! Here in our Longmont location, we have all different backgrounds, which promotes creativity and fosters an inclusive environment. We pride ourselves in focusing on our customers’ needs and by involving all associates in the day-to-day operations of our business.
Compensation Range: 103,800 – 129,800 DOE
This is an excellent opportunity for an established engineer with at least 4-6 years of experience in the design and development of Li-Ion batteries to join a growing international space component supplier.
- Lead the design and development of analog, digital, and power electronics for space battery systems as well as fulfillment of complex requirements documents to demonstrate product compliance to specifications.
- Coordinate and validate project testing and analyses plans/reports against customer requirements.
- Lead electrical schematic capture, circuit board layout, and generation of assembly documentation per internal and industry standards.
- Perform and review analyses in technical reports including Part Stress/Derating, Worst Case Circuit, Reliability, Radiation, and Failure Modes and Effects (FMEA).
- Communicate directly with technical personnel in customer organizations to provide product data, field technical questions, and support technical reviews.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Participate in investigations, resolutions, and product improvement meetings.
- Support the mentorship and development of other engineers, including a limited supervisory role.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering; Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in the design and development of electrical systems.
- Above average Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Visio skills required, Access and VBA Skills preferred
- Experience reviewing and responding to compliance matrices
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work within a close knit team to strict deadlines
- Space, Aerospace, or other highly regulated industry specific experience preferred
- Knowledge of, or experience with large format lithium-ion batteries is advantageous
- Experience with OrCAD required, SolidWorks preferred
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled