A career where all your skills can come into play? We Offer That.
A task that meets your passionate approach? We Offer That.
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
In our Quality Control Organization at Ludwigshafen site, you will join a team of talented people and experienced experts in the manufacturing and global distribution of our approved and pipeline products – working with some of the most advanced technologies in the world.
Develop your expertise and join our team as Senior Manager Quality Control (all genders).
As Senior Manager Quality Control you will be responsible for Quality Control of pipeline products and custom testing and leading the respective groups.
The focus is on R&D analytics, e.g. method validation, predictive stabilities, new technologies / methodologies,
New Product Introduction (NPI) business for Operations partners, e.g. analytical transfers, method optimizations, on-demand scientific studies like stability-studies or specification-justification-studies while leading the Flex Team, which supports all QC with analytical and project on-demand activities.
Make an impact:
- Provide analytical, scientific and passionate leadership for subordinate managers and employees
- Provide proactive and valuable contributions and advice to new product implementations
- Ensure site compliance with cGMP regulations and compliance with AbbVie requirements
- Ensure Quality performance, meet highest product Quality standards and performance targets
- Act as key contact and expert for analytical/scientific GxP questions at the site
- Partecipate as key stakeholder in international workgroups, sharing best practices to foster continuous improvement and innovation
- Prepare, monitor and control large-scale investment budgets
- Ensure quality and effectiveness of key results of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies
- Develop new strategies by demonstrating creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve complex problems
- Participate in authority inspections and customer audits
This is how you make a difference:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Pharmacy or equivalent, PhD preferred
- 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 4-year experience in an operative environment
- Minimum 3-year experience in an analytical R&D environment
- Sound knowledge of cGMP regulation for Quality Control and agencies’ expectations
- Experience in Pharmaceutical inspections (desirable)
- Strong leadership skills with minimum 4-year experience in leading larger groups (leading managers)
- Passionate for performance and process improvement
- High degree of self-motivation, proactivity, and efficient results-oriented way of working
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, organizational and motivational talent
- Business fluent, written and spoken, in German and English
At AbbVie, your individual contributions count – help us achieve more together. Be a part of it and grow with us – go above and beyond!
Sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application. All you need is a complete CV – anything else will be discussed in person, where possible, if general suitability is determined.
Have questions? Email us at TalentAcquisition.email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Type: Experienced