At Invesco Technology, we are strategic problem solvers. Our mission is to build outstanding technology solutions to enable global operations, lead in the innovative use of data and new technologies to redefine the investment experience, and help our clients 'get more out of life." This mission is motivated by our hard-working teams, which grow with partnership, operate on shared trust, and demonstrate diversity of thought to deliver valuable results every day to Invesco, clients, and partners.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
We’re a team of finance and technology enthusiasts who enjoy revolutionizing the investment industry through digital products & services. We’re building the next generation investment management platform for our financial professional customers so they can build better investment portfolios & help their clients retire in style.
We’re looking for a front-end architect to help oversee the building of a new platform supporting high quality financial products that launch to the market via partnerships with analytic providers and broker-dealers. The candidate should be a highly technical, able to interact with non-technical stakeholder, comfortable working with a matrix of supporting applications and drive collaboration, and passionate about speed, quality, and building amazing products. The candidate should also have demonstrated success in scaling platforms and working with design systems.You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain highly performant web applications on our stack – React, JQuery, and SASS with Java/Springboot/API backend
- Provide front-end expertise and leadership, mentoring and guiding other members of the team and providing subject matter input to architectural and scoping efforts; be the “voice” of the front end across the domain and multiple scrum teams
- Work with our amazing product design team to develop and iterate on user interfaces that bring simplicity to complicated financial data.
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster active exchange of ideas
- We have development centers in Atlanta, Houston, India and New York City and the ability to collaborate across a global organization is a key skill.
- Help form and own front-end development strategies around coding standards, components and testing automation
- Perform peer code reviews. Review performance, security and flexibility of the code.
- 7+ years of experience in front-end development (JQuery, CSS3, HTML5, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in the React front-end framework
- 3+ years of experience in Selenium, Katalon, Protractor, PhantomJS, WebdriverIO or Jasmine
- 3+ years of experience integrating with back-end technologies, such as Node.JS, ExpressJS, Java Springboot etc.
- Expertise in responsive design
- Experience working in an Agile team and environment
- Experience as a front-end lead
- Development experience in Java Springboot a plus
- Familiarity with software engineering support systems and tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Bitbucket Pipeline, Gulp, Bower, Maven, Log4j
- Familiar with SSO solutions, such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID a plus
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry a plus
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its dedication to diversity in the workplace are proven through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts align with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing inclusivity in employment.
Invesco’s COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY FOR EMPLOYEES, which provides that employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. An exemption may be granted based on a medical contraindication or sincerely held religious belief. Fully vaccinated means that an individual has received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has received Emergency Use Authorization or full approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and that it has been at least two weeks since the final recommended dose.