Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience testing, launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- 3 years of experience building and developing infrastructure or distributed systems.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 5 years of experience building and developing large-scale infrastructure, distributed systems or networks, or experience with compute technologies, storage, or hardware architecture.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, or cross-business projects.
- 3 years of experience with eBPF, in-kernel networking, data plane and control plane elements.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google Cloud accelerates every organization’s ability to digitally transform its business and industry. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology, and tools that help developers build more sustainably. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Own and lead architectural planning, evolution and deliverables for Google Data Centers (GDC)-Hosted Upper Networking features and capabilities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Platform teams, GDC and Anthos Networking teams and adjacent area stakeholders.
- Plan for strategy, execution and deliverables on GDC-Hosted development efforts in the area of Networking Virtualization solutions.
- Lead Design and development of network connectivity solution for hybrid/multi cloud, involving data plane and control plane elements.
- Lead Design and development of network virtualization solutions for Container/VM workloads running on Kubernetes platforms.