In-office locations: New York, NY, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA.
Remote location(s): Massachusetts, USA; New York, USA. Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with pen testing and red teaming functions including network, web application/mobile, cloud, social engineering, scripting, tool development.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as required.
- Certifications related to offensive security including OSCE, OSEP, OSEE, OSCP, CCSAS, CCT INF, or relevant SANS courses.
- Experience implementing or assessing information security implementation or assessment of security controls.
- Knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
As a Security Consultant, you will be responsible for helping clients effectively prepare for, proactively mitigate, and detect and respond to cyber security threats. Security Consultants have an understanding of computer science, operating system functionality and networking, cloud services, corporate network environments and how to apply this knowledge to cyber security threats.
In this role, you will assist clients in navigating technically complex and high-profile incidents, performing forensic analysis, threat hunting, and malware triage. You'll also test client networks, applications and devices by emulating the latest techniques to help them defend against threats, and will be the technical advocate for information security requirements and provide an in-depth understanding of the information security domain. You will also articulate and present complex concepts to business stakeholders, executive leadership, and technical contributors and successfully lead complex engagements alongside cross functional teams.
Mandiant’s Red team members are responsible for simulating a wide variety of cyberattacks to help identify and fix weaknesses of an organization’s cybersecurity program.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing cybersecurity consulting services and support to our clients, including assessing and advising clients on both technical and process-based controls for all manner of environments. You will perform Red and Purple Team assessments, including end-to-end adversarial emulation of cyber attacks against customer organizations, and other technical cyber assessments including external pen testing, web application, mobile, and wireless security testing. You'll expand the team’s capabilities through tool creation, research on offensive techniques, incorporation of threat actor intelligence, internal presentations, and knowledge sharing.
Part of Google Cloud, Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $103,000-$151,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Perform red and purple team assessments (with and without industry regulatory oversight), assumed breach assessments (red team engagements with a pre-deployed implant), ransomware readiness reviews (assessing susceptibility to modern ransomware threats), threat analysis, and social-engineering assessments.
- Conduct external/internal/wireless network assessments, web and mobile application testing, and embedded system assessments.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports, and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures.
- Communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.