Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Enterprise Account Executive (AE) will be a key member of the team responsible for providing business leadership and creative direction for Elastic’s most critical customers in Colorado (targeting accounts with more than 4k employees). The AE will build and maintain broad relationships in the account (from developers to executives), source/evolve/close large transactions and lead a cross-functional sales support team. The AE will define a CxO relationship strategy within assigned accounts, including building a strong working relationship with Elastic’s senior leadership team for executive sponsorship, regular business reviews and shaping Observability, Security and Enterprise Search solutions opportunities.What You Will Be Doing:
- Experience in large, complex, value-based deal negotiations (direct as well as co-selling with partners) with a consistent track record of quota achievement; MEDDPICC sales methodology; establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives / economic buyers.
- Initial & ongoing account planning/research, whitespace mapping and sales campaigning / prospecting and ROI business case assembly expertise a must.
- Responsible for mapping & teaming with all aspects of the customer’s organization, including executives, engineering, IT Operations, InfoSec, business/product owners, legal, procurement and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to earn trusted advisor status via creative thinking, articulating a customer-centric vision and tailored business-outcome based value propositions while generating enthusiasm, to move all business groups to action.
- Selling at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and solution adoption while actively building a ground swell of awareness, interest and solution usage from within the ranks in parallel.
- Works with all appropriate Elastic resources (Executives, Solution Architecture, Marketing, Partners, Customer Success, Engineering Support, Professional Services) to support customer interests, and will understand how to strongly advocate for their customer while balancing the business needs of Elastic. This includes dotted line responsibility for downstream sales and technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
- Development of formal case studies & references highlighting tangible business outcomes from Elastic Observability, Security and Enterprise Search solutions usage is core to the role.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills required.
- A bachelor's degree in business or technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience selling enterprise software (SaaS, Cloud, On-premise) as the account and overall relationship manager
- Minimum of 5 years experience as primary account manager of large global companies (Fortune 2000).
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave