This position provides a unique opportunity to engage in an analytical environment, leverage business intelligence processes and interface with various departments within Finance and Accounting and across the company.
The Financial Analyst analyzes business results and provides insights into the performance of key segments of Esri’s business through analyses, collaboration, and communication. The analyst will serve as a business partner in a cross-functional capacity with leadership across our various departments.Responsibilities
- Develop and/or enhance financial models for reporting, reviewing results, and forecasting
- Create financial reports and deliver summaries of findings to (senior) management
- Extract data from various databases and perform sophisticated analysis that results in actionable business insight
- Interact with management at all levels to facilitate information gathering
- Present financial information to the team and to non-financial business partners
- Collaborate with budget owners to coordinate annual plan & forecast inputs while providing monthly performance-to-budget reporting
- Provide ad hoc financial statement modeling and in-depth analysis to drive intelligent decision making
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; Masters degree preferred
- 2 years of experience OR an advanced degree in similar disciplines and 1 year of experience
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and display good judgment
- Ability to develop strong interdepartmental and cross-functional working relationships
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with SAP
- Experience working with analytical reporting tools
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with budgeting and planning methodologies and tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $66,560.00 - $99,840.00.
About us. At Esri, we build cutting-edge geographic information system (GIS) technology that our customers use to solve the world’s most complex... Read more