CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated employee to join our Operations 2nd Level Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for designing, optimizing, implementing, and maintaining highly available and scalable infrastructure on AWS, GCP and our on-premise platform These systems are truly the backbone of our business and process millions of transactions daily for some of the most prestigious companies in the US.
Lead the design, implementation, and management of highly available and scalable infrastructure on AWS and GCP.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into effective cloud-based operational architectures.
Design, implement, and optimize infrastructure components and services on GCP/AWS, including compute, storage, networking, and security.
Develop and implement best practices and standards for deploying and managing applications, databases, and other resources on GCP/AWS.
Perform system and application performance tuning and optimization to maximize efficiency and scalability.
Implement application performance monitoring (e.g. memory, logging, latency) and proactively identify monitoring gaps on an ongoing basis.
Perform weekly code deployment to the Production/Customer Certification environment and and automate CI/CD pipelines to build images and deployments.
Evaluate all infrastructure changes/maintenance and determine potential for platform impact and identify mitigating steps.
Act as a single point of contact, training and champion for the Enterprise platform initiatives that impact the service line.
Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency).
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, promoting knowledge sharing and professional development.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 4 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 13+ years of relevant work experience.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD.
• Masters in Computer Science or related engineering field and 5 + years of experience in a highly-available Linux environment.
• Extensive experience architecting and implementing operational infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services.
• Strong proficiency in infrastructure as code (IaC) concepts and tools, such as Terraform or CloudFormation, for automating infrastructure deployment.
• Proven experience designing and optimizing scalable and highly available cloud-based solutions.
• Strong knowledge of cloud services, including compute, storage, networking, databases, and security.
• Extensive Shell/Ruby/ReactJS/Python scripting knowledge
• Proficient with Swarm and Kubernetes internal architecture, networking and container micro service architectural pattern.
• Deep rooted understanding of Linux Systems, Databases and Network concepts.
• Experience with Enterprise monitoring solutions.
• Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 132,100.00 to 171,700.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.