For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s Pacific West region is redefining health care with a focus on health equity, affordability, quality, and convenience. From California to Oregon and Washington, we are focused on helping more than 2.5 million patients live healthier lives and helping the health system work better for everyone. At Optum Pacific West, we care. We care for our team members, our patients, and our communities. Join our culture of caring and make a positive and lasting impact on health care for millions.
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Department: Internal Medicine & Endocrinology
Responsible for performing moderately complex and/or specialized patient-oriented procedures under the supervision of a clinician or Registered Nurse (RN) to ensure that patients receive appropriate care. Responsible for performing operational duties as required under the supervision of the site administrator or designee.
- Directs patient to proper exam/treatment area and prepares patient for examinations and other procedures. Assists in the transportation of patients and patient flow
- Obtains records and reports vital signs and any other pertinent patient information to the RN or clinician
- Administers medication, performs various patient tests and instructs patients on procedural preparations under the supervision of the clinician or RN
- Notifies pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of new refills as ordered by the clinician
- Collects, labels, and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations
- Maintains and cleans exam/treatment areas and medical equipment
- Maintains logs, records of medical procedures, and inventories of supplies
- Performs telephone screening
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Active, unrestricted LVN license from the state of California
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare providers (American Heart Association)
- I.V. and Blood withdraw certified
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS) certification
- 1+ years of experience working as an LVN/LPN
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.