At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Sr Manager/Manager will be part of the Enterprise Data Strategy team under Credit & Fraud Risk (CFR) which is dedicated to helping American Express leverage partnerships and external data as key strategic assets.
Enterprise Data Strategy team is responsible for driving acquisition, underwriting and customer management data strategies for credit & fraud risk decisioning models and strategies. The incumbent will have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across the enterprise to bring innovation into CFR and bring American Express to the forefront of the data economy.
- Develop innovative and impactful data driven insights and analytics through our strategic partnerships to drive business growth and credit & fraud risk management excellence
- Closely partner with colleagues across CFR Data Strategy, Product Owners, Compliance, CFR Risk Strategy, CFR Fraud Strategy and Decisions Science to successfully design, implement, monitor, and govern strategies related to external data
- Identify new data opportunities and enhance existing data exchange processes
- Analyze existing and new data sources to uncover opportunities that will optimize our data solutions & purchases and address business needs
- Collaborate with external strategic partners to influence data product development
- Become a subject matter expert on CFR’s data asset inventory
- Own a portfolio of strategic data partners and manage all aspects of relationship including data quality and relationship monitoring, product performance, data testing/use cases and negotiations
- Develop metrics to deliver strong controls and insights
- Lead complex global projects which involve multiple internal and external partners
- Influence, lead and communicate across a broad range of audiences, including internal and external senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrixed organization to deliver solutions at top speed
- Ability to manage and lead large scale projects with multiple cross functional partners
- Good communication and influencing skills with an ability to translate data and analytics into business insights and recommendations, conceptualize and sell ideas
- Strong technical skills to perform data evaluation, analytics, and matrices tracking/reporting
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Spark, SAS, and familiar with big data and cloud environments
- At least 5 years of experience in a financial services organization in data or strategy function
- Knowledge of Credit Risk and or Fraud Risk standards, practices, or external Credit or Fraud Risk data sources preferred
- Master's Degree or higher required, concentration in a quantitative field preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work under a fluid environment
- Adaptable interpersonal skills, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.