What you get to do in this role:
- Represent the needs of customers across the product and design lifecycle from discovery through design validation and customer adoption across a portfolio of products
- Apply and adapt appropriate research techniques and methods for specific project needs
- Engage with customers to understand their unique needs for our products, including defining and synthesizing user types, use cases, and specific UX opportunities
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to influence product strategy and roadmaps
- Validate feature and design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing.
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative studies and quantitative data across studies and secondary research to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations.
- Communicate findings through artifacts such as specific user segments, persona frameworks, jobs to be done, user journeys, task analyses, etc
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team and champion the discipline across the organization
- BA/BS degree or higher in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience in applying customer-centered research techniques to product definition and designs
- Expert knowledge in defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines. This includes developing sample plans and determining the best data collection approach using quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- A portfolio of work representing research that influenced great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process followed, your involvement and role, data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research
- 7+ years’ of work experience applying and conducting customer-centered research. Master degree or PhD is a bonus
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business minded end-users using enterprise software
- In depth knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, task analysis, and experimental design
- Experience with the creation and execution of online surveys as well as rich qualitative research techniques
- Expert presentation skills to visualize technically complex topics and make them easy to understand with customers as well as product management and design stakeholders.
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior team members, contributing to their growth
For positions in California (outside of the Bay Area), we offer a base pay of $123,750 - $216,450, plus equity (when applicable), variable/incentive compensation and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the base pay shown is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer health plans, including flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, matching donations, a flexible time away plan and family leave programs (subject to eligibility requirements). Compensation is based on the geographic location in which the role is located, and is subject to change based on work location. For individuals who will be working in the Bay Area, there is a pay enhancement for positions located in that geographical area; please contact your recruiter for additional information.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.