Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other functions in Technology & the business to deliver quality products by providing software testing services and quality assurance, that continuously improve our customer’s ability to succeed. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround in development of our products with high quality. The team is located globally.
You will ensure the quality of our deliverable meets and exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders and evangelize the established quality standards and processes. Your challenge will be reducing the “the time to market” for products without compromising the quality, by leveraging technology and innovation. These products are directly associated to revenue growth and operations enablement. You strive to achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, by working on problems of varying scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
What’s in it for you
Do you love working every single day testing enterprise-scale applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage? Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contribute to Company’s strategy. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different teams internally. You will also get a plenty of learning and skill-building opportunities with participation in innovation projects, training and knowledge sharing. You will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillsets.
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 - $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
- Build a roadmap for human capital development from QA perspective to ensure smooth delivery of projects in and Agile/Scrum framework considering appropriate budget requirements.
- Provide directions and guidance to managers/reports on testing activities on assigned projects; analyze requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligned to a risk-based approach while mitigating risk exposure within all phases of project.
- Assess automated test suites and execution results to provide appropriate directions and guidance for continuous improvements.
- Review and suggest test automation tools and frameworks where applicable to deliver best in class solution for automation enablement.
- Create reports and communications QA governance of testing processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improvement in team performance.
- Perform project risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders both within and outside department to analyze any issues, provide root cause analysis and resolution.
- Manage staffing of QA resources with required skillset to meet project requirement
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in budgeting, staffing and managing QA managers and resources
- Strong teambuilding and people development skills with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
- Excellent collaboration skills with stakeholders at all leadership levels including technology partners and departments operating globally.
- Able to plan and execute the departmental upskilling to address the technological challenges for solving business problems.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing techniques in an Agile/Scrum framework.
- Ability to lead testing projects, motivate the team to achieve business objectives.
- Experienced with multiple well-known/open source automation frameworks.
- Good understanding of SQL and databases, should be comfortable in writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Cloud technologies like AWS/Azure infrastructure and micro-services, containers integration testing is desirable.
- Well versed with testing in continuous integration, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade models.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in technology related field. Master’s degree is preferred
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
-----------------------------------------------------------10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 271711
Posted On: 2022-03-15
Location: Virtual, Texas, United States