Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.Position Overview:
Information Technology Operational Risk Management (ITRM) is looking for an experienced senior to support the 1st line Third Party IT Risk Management team. The position will assist with the development, implementation, and execution of an IT third party risk management/assessment program including performing remote and onsite (or virtual onsite) supplier risk assessments. The position requires a strong understanding of information security controls, including frameworks such as NIST and ISO27001. Additionally, this position requires that the applicant have a strong understanding of the risk frameworks, operational risks, and the execution of risk management processes and governance within a large institution.
ITRM is responsible for providing oversight of operational risks associated with all operating activities of Freddie Mac’s Information Technology division. The primary responsibilities of ITRM include providing risk management, risk advisory, third party IT risk management, regulatory liaison, and policy/standards governance for the Information Technology division. This could include managing the review and publication of divisional policies and standards, defining and implementing third party risk management frameworks, monitoring and reporting findings resulting from supplier assessments and risk response, and driving continuous improvement of risk management capabilities across IT associated with third party risk
**This is a fully remote position**Our Impact:
Third Party Risk Management
- Understanding and managing third party risks and controls associated with the IT suppliers
- Providing transparency of third party risks through implementing sound reporting to leadership for risk-based decision making
- Performing supplier risk assessments on third party information security controls and advising on the remediation of findings identified
- Build strong partnerships with IT stakeholders, as well as 2nd and 3rd lines of defense organizations.
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual performance
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own actions
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Engage with customers to learn and support their needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience working with third party risk management - methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk
- Strong understanding of information security controls and frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO27001, etc)
- Ability to determine the risks associated with the lack of certain information security controls in place
- Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to understand IT business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
- Experience in IT governance and controls, including governance frameworks, COBIT, FFIEC, COSO, ISO-31000, etc.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and ability to apply risk based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:RiskFLSA Status:Exempt
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.