Segment: S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality.
As a Senior SDET , you achieve Individual objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives. you will make a significant contribution in building automation/performance solutions to test applications across API/Services/ Web/Windows/Mobile platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the “time to market” for products without compromising quality, by leveraging automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious and result-oriented professionals.
- Drive the testing initiatives including supporting Automation strategy. This is the place to enhance your Testing skills while adding value to the business.
- As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillset
- Using a wide range of cutting-edge technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, Performance, service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a developer while performing the role of QA.
- Being a part of an organization which values ‘Culture of Urgency’ and ‘Shift Left’ approaches.
- A plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, and innovation opportunities.
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
- Develop automation/performance scripts that meet organization standards and build reliable automated regression suites
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Focus on building efficient solutions for Web, Services/APIs, Database and mobile testing requirements.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
- Creating strategies to mitigate those risks and take necessary measures to control the risks.
- Communicating or creating awareness to all the stake holders for the various risks Understand & review the current risks and escalate.
- Challenge yourself continuously to move towards automation for all daily works and help others in the automation.
- Create milestones for yearly improvement projects and set. Work with the development team to ensure that the quality engineers get apt support like automation hooks or debug builds wherever and whenever possible
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-8 years of experience in software testing or development with understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience in programming using C# /Python/Java or other languages( Preferably Java)
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) with exposure in testing across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers)
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is a plus.
- Experience in SQL/PL-SQL, writing queries and RDBMS
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model is a plus
- Knowledge of developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Exposure to performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
The Location: Hyderabad/Gurgaon/Ahmedabad
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Engineering Solutions solves for tomorrow’s challenges today by transforming workflows and end-user experiences with data, insights and technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 275551
Posted On: 2022-07-13
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India