Deloitte is one of the largest professional services firms, which means that we touch nearly every aspect of business.
Deloitte employs more than 100,000 people in the United States across its Audit & Assurance, Risk and Financial Advisory, Consulting and Tax practices. Our range of services and depth of resources create the potential to make an impact through most any career. Right now, our professionals are working closely with organizations that enable social change, spark disruptive technologies, fund cures for diseases, implement sustainability solutions, prevent identity theft, foster inclusive cultures, enhance trust in the capital markets, and a lot more.
At Deloitte, we know it’s essential for our people to be comfortably and authentically themselves. We are committed to being a place where our people feel like they belong and can succeed by recruiting, developing, and promoting a diverse workforce while providing unique opportunities and career paths for our people.
Use your .NET Development skills to cultivate innovative technologies for a fast‐growing segment within Deloitte Tax. Be on the cutting edge of a rapidly growing industry and work with a team of proven innovators!
Work you’ll do
As a Software Engineer Manager on our team, you will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data‐driven, web‐based applications.
* Provide support for existing systems.
* Work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end‐to‐end web solutions for moderate to complex projects.
* Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development and create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
* Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time‐to‐completion.
* Document new developments, procedures, or test plans as needed.
* Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
* Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
* Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
* Deploy all integration artifacts to testing and production environments.
* Supervise and mentor junior team members
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of several tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering was developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace requirement, or a technological innovation—all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
The Partnership Solutions Group (PSG) is a service line of NFTS and one of the fastest‐growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. PSG professionals counsel privately held and publicly‐traded partnerships across the United States on a wide‐range of federal tax issues involving mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings, post‐offering compliance, and process design and improvement.
* Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science, business/technology or similar degree
* 8+ years’ experience in .Net Application design and development.
* 5+ years’ experience working with and scaling relational databases preferably Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher.
* Experience in web design and development using Microsoft Technologies (.Net 4.5 or higher).
* Experience with at least two of Web Services, RESTful API, WCF and Web API’s and windows services.
* Experience with data modeling, database design, querying, performance tuning etc.
* Experience in writing TSQL queries using Subqueries, Joins, Windows functions (i.e. Ranking, aggregate etc.), Set Operators, CTE, Temp Table, Derived Tables, Dynamic SQL, Pivot, Unpivot and XML.
* Experience in SQL Error Handling, Transactions and optimization of complex SQL queries.
* Experience conducting performance code reviews and troubleshooting all software development issues
* Experience leading and mentoring teams to provide technical deliverables
* Experience in troubleshooting common database issues (deadlocks, blocks, indexes, expensive queries and performance counters using DMV).
* Experience of Agile methodologies and SCRUM processes.
* Experience with Source Control Systems preferably GIT.
* Experience with CI/CD tools preferably Azure DevOps.
* Ability to travel 25% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
* Microsoft Azure Developer or Azure Architect certification obtained or in process or must be able/willing to obtain.
* Working knowledge of Azure Cloud Native Development.
* Working knowledge of Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes
* Working knowledge of auto scaling Pods and Nodes in Kubernetes.
* Working knowledge of QlikView, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, and Telerik Kendo UI.
* Working knowledge of enterprise application architecture and design patterns.
* Experience working in Financial Services environment.
* Experience working in consulting environment.
* Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and virtually.
* Ability to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
* Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills.
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the “Deloitte” name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.