Ed Farm was launched in February 2020 in Birmingham, AL to create a suite of signature programs designed to engage students, educators and adult learners in innovative digital skills experiences that better prepare them for the 21st-century workforce. In February 2021, Ed Farm, in partnership with Apple and Southern, announced plans to launch the Propel Center, a physical and virtual hub based in Atlanta, GA that will partner with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to provide powerful learning experiences for HBCU students and staff and increase the pool of HBCU graduates entering and leading the innovation economy.
The Vice-President of Development is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing strategies that increase, diversify and sustain philanthropic support for Propel from individuals, foundations, corporations, and the government.
The day-to-day job responsibilities will fluctuate with the business need of the organization. Below is a list of the job responsibilities overall.
Fund Development and Fundraising Campaigns:
● Develops, implements, and manages annual fundraising strategies and campaigns. ● Cultivates and maintains relationships with current and prospective donors and funders. ● Supports CEO in cultivating and soliciting major donors.
● Secures financial support from individuals, including major donors, foundations, corporations, and government sources.
● Researches to expand and diversify donor base/pipeline.
● Works closely with the leadership team to build an organization-wide fundraising culture.
● Manages fundraising events and solicitations.
● Manages capital campaigns, including engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms, as necessary.
● Maintains an annual calendar of current and prospective supporter engagement “touch points” and oversees their execution.
Planning, Writing, and Reporting:
● In collaboration with the CEO, SVP, of Impact & Programs, and VP of Finance, develops and implements a financial strategy to ensure revenue meets the budgetary requirements of all programs.
● Oversees the development and execution of grant proposals and reports with a long-term relationship-management approach.
● Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
● Works with the CEO, Director, Grants Management, and the Executive Team to ensure that grants and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
● Works closely and communicates regularly with the Finance team to manage grants and gifts.
● Takes the lead on generating the Annual Report.
Data Aggregation, Monitoring, and Reporting:
● Oversees all data entry, including gift processing and management of the Hubspot database.
● Ensures seamless integration of Hubspot with Propel’s website donation portals and mobile giving.
● Reviews dashboard at least weekly and fundraising goals at least monthly; analyzes trends and gaps.
● Prepares monthly fundraising reports for the Executive Team and Board.
● Works with CEO, SVP, Impact & Programs, and VP, of Finance on aggregating information on potential donors and funders, communicating leads with development staff, and ensuring such data are entered into Hubspot for timely follow-up.
● Other Duties as assigned
Supervises, trains, and mentors Director, Grants Management:
● Trains and supports Board members as they take on a more active fundraising role.
● Participates fully in the organization’s annual events and other community events.
● Ensures efficient fundraising processes.
● Carries out ad hoc duties, as needed.
What you get:
- A challenging opportunity in a rapidly evolving organization
- An integral role (+ responsibility) in building our culture
- Unlimited PTO (yes we actually want you to take care of yourself :)
- An unmatched learning experience; every day brings new challenges so you will never be bored.
- 100% employee paid benefits for employee-level, and 50% for families
- 4% 401(k) employer match
- Flexible work arrangement (primarily remote with 20% - 30% travel)
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.