Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We have an office in Bengaluru but as we continue to expand our footprint in India, we can hire eligible candidates remotely anywhere in India.
Today customers are becoming more and more particular about their data, not just in the way it's stored and transmitted but also in the ways it is processed by organizations. Needless to say, handing over the finer control of their data to opt-in, opt-out, or for free usage is a must-have for any organization. On the other hand, the cost of not having this is huge, customers are not going to use our products with confidence which would decrease customer trust and directly affect the revenues.
Atlassian today is 6000 people engineering org and is growing quickly. How do we create a system for all the engineers so that they are able to focus on their core businesses while being aware of the privacy and data needs but not having to be worried about them? Imagine a scenario where a customer has a complete view of how their data (both UGC and Usage data) is being processed or prevented from being processed. How do we continue to show the customers that they have control of their data and there are systems which honor that?
If any of this excites you, then this is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of this team and build this from scratch. This team is going to be a part of the Trust Engineering org, which solves various interesting engineering challenges in the Trust org spanning risk and compliance, security, security intelligence, trust engagement, etc.
What you will do
- Be a people manager for a small development team and grow the careers of your direct reports
- Own the delivery of critical projects in a microservices environment
- Run agile processes for your team
- Ensure operational and quality metrics are achieved for your services
- Participate in hiring
- A track record of delivering projects on time, in-scope, and within quality goals in an Agile environment
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years managing and growing engineers
- Experience providing feedback and coaching engineers
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building SaaS software with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience with scalable, high-performance systems that are highly available
- A strong understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Familiarity with security systems would be a huge bonus
Atlassian is a company that lives and breathes our values, as we seek to unleash the potential of every team. We offer 40 hours per year of paid leave for doing non-profit work so that you can Be the Change You Seek in the world as well as at work, in addition to unlimited vacation time to help you Build with Heart and Balance. As part of the wider security organization, we will expect you to speak at conferences, make open source contributions, and lead cross-team initiatives all designed to drive security forward not only inside Atlassian but across the industry with uncomfortable transparency.