Director Of Product
To oversee the design process of a product from start to finish, and the improvement of existing products.
The day-to-day job responsibilities will fluctuate seasonally throughout the school year. Below is a list of the job responsibilities overall.
- Standard availability Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00 PM CST with the flexibility to book outside of standard business hours based on customer needs
- Conduct research on features
- Manage a backlog of UX projects, timeline, and budget
- Conduct a wide array of user research including surveys, unmoderated tests, moderated tests, and customer interviews
- Be responsible for all stages of the design process, from wireframes to prototypes and high-fidelity mockups
- Keep on top of web and mobile design and experience trends to ensure we provide an experience on par with customers’ expectations
- Ensure smooth handoffs to Product and Engineering teams by creating styles guides and design specifications
- Establishing and maintaining processes for testing, design, rollout, and maintenance of products.
The goals outlined measure success on responsibilities and will only be applicable once the employee has assumed responsibility for the items detailed below.
- Deliver key product success metrics
- Ensure products meet market needs, deliver on revenue and program targets, and are broadly accessible by those who can benefit
- Create major interactions for new product elements
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to deliver visual designs, chronicling the design process using various technology resources
- Ensure that Ed Farm | Propel company design style and language are consistent across all new feature
- Drive consistency across Ed Farm | Propel brand features, by emphasizing and communicating new and existing elements in the style guide
- Improve prototyping, management, and thought leadership for Ed Farm | Propel brand
- Participate in user interviews to gather feedback and determine impact from key stakeholders
HOW POSITION WILL BE EVALUATED (include frequency):
Evaluations will occur twice yearly. Informal evaluations will also be conducted as needed during 1:1 meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS, BEHAVIOR, OR KNOWLEDGE
- Strong follow up skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, manage, and execute on many projects while sticking to deadlines
- Appreciation of the research process and pride in creating high quality designs, and feel both are critical to having an exceptional product
- Ability to think through edge cases and unconsidered scenarios
- Proven track record for being detail oriented and organized
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute across departments and get tasks accomplished
- Ability to identify key success metrics for a project, defining measurable goals such as increases in traffic, trials, conversions, expansion revenue, and retention
- Enthusiasm for design thinking and ability work in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Comfortable in a virtual environment
Sign up to connect with companies that trust you to work wherever you work best.Register Now, be first in line
Sign up for our weekly remote work round-up newsletter and have new openings from companies that care delivered right to your inbox.