There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
This is a leadership role in the Technology Operations area with direct operational oversight of the firm’s network and support staff. This role includes participation and/or ownership in the design, build, implementation and support of infrastructure solutions for technology needs ensuring that the infrastructure (network, hardware, software, data center, facilities, tools, and related equipment) is sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to enable delivery and ongoing operation of the firm. The role will have leadership responsibilities to direct subordinate leaders to research problems, coordinate conducts installations, and evaluate new technologies.
- Regarded as the authority in your particular job discipline within T. Rowe Price.
- Solves unusual problems that have a broad impact on the business or organization function.
- Contributes to the development of disciplinary strategy within Global Technology; source of authoritative advice on the best courses of action in your area of expertise.
- Partner with other teams within the organization for design, oversee implementation of voice and data network solutions globally for the firm.
- Leads an organization of managers and network engineers to monitor, support, troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues to ensure technology availability.
- Works with other leaders within the firm to influences and establish organization strategy for their discipline.
Role summary and job responsibilities:
- Prevents technology service disruptions through technology solution recommendations.
- Works across firm to enable business unit to learn and adopt standard methodologies and new technologies.
- Represents the Network Infrastructure Operations community at internal and external forums.
- Contributes to definition of target state architecture and design of the technology environment.
- Responsible for the design of technology solutions to prevent or minimize service disruptions.
- Guides decisions about infrastructure upgrades, refreshes, and replacement.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and is active in staying knowledgeable to help the firm take advantage of new technologies.
- Leverages metrics to direct continuous improvement of the network infrastructure.
- Serves as relationship manager for key vendor relationships including the negotiation and management of contracts.
- Works with Senior leadership to evaluate organizational model to ensure sustainability and the ability to adapt to organizational priorities.
- Can operate as a hands-on technologist.
- Is accountable for driving and realizing the global technology strategy in their area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates a mind-set of continuous improvement using their breadth of technical and business knowledge; takes a data-centric approach toward identifying root cause/business problem and pressing for resolution/solution.
- Makes timely and sound decisions with limited facts or resources.
- Resource Management.
- Manages a large diverse team that includes other resource managers and direct oversight of technicians as required.
- Mentors other team members.
- Provides feedback and coaching to others who have management responsibility of resources.
- Is accountable for development of direct reports and ensures appropriate development of their teams.
- Responsible for recruiting and performance management of associates.
- Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution.
- Produces results by leading through other leaders and managers and effectively influencing outcomes.
- Manage significant vendor relationship including providing managing associated budgets, purchasing, contracts and issue escalation.
- May lead initiatives of varying degrees of complexity that span multiple multi-functional areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates exceptional awareness of the complexities of the tech and asset management industries.
- Understands the construct of global technology and all business units internally and expertly navigates key partners.
- Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge of LANS, WANS, MPLS and Metropolitan Ethernet LANs ( Cloud AWS or Azure).
- Capable of leading the firms most ambitious and complex technical initiatives.
- Expertise in network hardware, infrastructure, and circuits.
- Experience working with the integration of external third-party networks into internal corporate networks.
- Technical expertise in securing networks and security best practices.
- Experience in networking in a complex redundant infrastructure that includes corporate datacenters, co-location facilities, diverse office locations, cloud providers and third party service providers.
- Demonstrated project management and project planning capabilities.
- Has and instills intellectual curiosity to understand complex issues to deliver scalable, sustainable, and supportable solutions and to derive and remediate root cause of complex issues in their area of expertise and in the overall technology infrastructure.
- Expertise in the use of network monitoring tools and alerting practices to ensure timely notification and remediation of issues and proactive notification of trends that could potentially lead to issue within the infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or Engineering preferred.
- VMWare Professional certification preferred.
- Cisco CCIE certification preferred.
- AWS Advanced Networking certification preferred.
This role is eligible for remote work up to three days a week.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible and remote work opportunities.
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- Tuition assistance.
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program).
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.