Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Wealth Management Technology (WMT) is responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical platform behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (WM) business. Morgan Stanley WM is a product of the acquisition of Smith Barney from Citigroup, which was completed in June ‘13. Its core client base is individual investors, small- to medium-size businesses and institutions, and high net worth families and individuals.
Practice Area Group
Investment Products and Services IT (IPSIT) provides support to Capital Markets, Advisory, Financial Planning, Retirement and Mutual Funds, Life Insurance & Alternative Investments.
Capital Markets technology team is spread between New York and India and involved in developing trading solutions for Wealth Management clients across Mutual Funds, Alternative Investments, Annuities, UITs and other businesses.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior Technologist with extensive experience in designing, developing and supporting applications using latest technologies and tools (Angular, Java/J2EE, SQL Server, Apache Solr etc). She/he will work closely with the global team and will help build next generation applications/platforms supporting critical front office functions.
This position is for a hands-on Senior Technologist with extensive experience in designing, developing and supporting applications using latest technologies and tools (Angular, Java/J2EE, SQL Server, Apache Solr etc) for Capital Markets team. The team charter is to renovate the core order management platform for various asset classes like Equities, Fixed Income, Syndicates, and Options. The candidate will lead the ongoing development of Modern platform components and look to migrate some flows out of the legacy components into modern platform. This person will lead the development team and will work across the Wealth Management IT organization globally to ensure the system meets all technical specifications.
The Candidate will play a key role in the execution of the Program and will:
- Work with senior Business Partners and Program Management team to define strategy
- Evaluate the Projects architecture and identify opportunities for broadening the scope of the solution
- Ensure adherence to the standard SDLC processes
- Ensure all Technology and Information Risk guidelines are followed
- Evaluate the existing states and help to define the future state architecture and solutions. Lead the development of the same
- Manage the global development team and define the staffing requirements to support the development needs of the project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the highest level of quality
- Mentor team members
- Work with application support teams to ensure timely issue resolution and thorough support processes
- Be self-motivated, flexible, highly adaptable and an excellent team player, and be prepared to work in a global virtual team along with NY and offshore team members
Primary Skills / Must have
- A hands-on Senior Technologist with 10+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing and supporting enterprise applications end-to-end.
- Proven track record managing the development of large scale multi-tiered applications in a Java/J2EE and related technologies
- Experience in developing web services using standard Java based frameworks/toolkits (REST, SOAP, JSON, and XML).
- Strong people management and development skills
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple development projects at once
- Significant content knowledge of Capital Markets is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), listening skills, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills, performance trouble shooting and remediation skills
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with resources outside of direct-control
- Full SDLC experience
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in the Capital Markets group within the financial services industry is desirable
- Experience with data model designing and modelling tools
- Ability to develop and follow change management processes for consistent and maintainable versions
Secondary Skills / Desired skills
- Exposure to the financial services industry
- Management experience in onsite-offshore model