A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
TREASURY FUNCTION WITHIN CFO GROUP
With a clear understanding of the workings of money and markets from a tactical and strategic perspective, the Treasury department is responsible for the liquidity management, bank relationship, financial risk management (primarily FX), capital structure, treasury accounting and supporting the Controller Group and other business units to be stewards of T. Rowe Price assets. The Treasury team provides the monetary platform, through funding and movement of money, for the business to grow and outperform.
The Treasury Manager (TM) is an integral part of Treasury department within the Controller Group of the CFO Group. The TM will work alongside other members of the Treasury team to assist with the day-to-day treasury operations, as needed, and with accounting period end activities. The TM is expected to provide financial analysis and analytical support to strategic treasury initiatives, such as share repurchases, as well as manage the department’s compliance to internal controls and monitor financial risk such as FX. The TM should have attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively.
- Support treasury and cash management operations performed by the other members of the Treasury team
- Coordinate and prepare cash flow, balance sheet and income statement projections/forecasts
- Responsible for the creation of financial analysis and financial models to support strategic treasury initiatives such as share buybacks and seed funding
- Lead projects for Treasury or work streams within broader projects where Treasury participation is required
- Contribute to and maintain the Treasury performance metrics
- Perform flux analysis on investment income, foreign exchange and banking fees
- Review and/or approve journal entries and/or reconciliations performed by other members of the Treasury team
- Ensure compliance to internal controls, policies and procedures, SOX controls as well as working with Enterprise Risk Management to update controls when necessary
- Recommend and aid in the implementation of improvements to the cash management process
- Monitor foreign currency risk
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant treasury or corporate finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or accounting
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel/excel modeling experience
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Progress towards a CFA designation
- Prior banking, financial services or investment operations experience