About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. Together, the divisions of S&P Global -- including S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and S&P Global Platts -- are the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
Whether it's analyzing data, innovating technology, or developing market insights, we're always looking for intellectually curious, progressive and passionate thinkers to join our team. With over 20,000 employees working across 95 offices around the globe, the diverse and vibrant community at S&P Global is unlike one you’ll find anywhere else.
- Design and develop automation/performance solutions that meet organization standards and build reliable, reusable and maintainable automated regression suites & test harnesses
- Create tools and frameworks with quality code to simplify testing scenarios.
- Design and develop test plans, test cases based upon functional and design specifications, execute test cases and analyze and report test results to the teams
- Work in partnership with the development teams to deliver business functionality on time with required quality that meets the acceptance criteria
- Uses strong testing skills to provide guidance and assist project staff
- Reviews and approves the work of project team members in the writing of scripts, expected results, test results and defect descriptions. Ensures best practices are followed and testing activities stay on schedule.
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, project scoping, functional reviews, test specifications, technical reviews for assigned projects in an Agile environment
- Involved in requirements review and participate in architecture/design reviews with an emphasis on test automation/performance strategy and ensuring best practices
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Capture quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights and conclusions
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for quality delivery
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software testing or development with good understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium) across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and root cause analysis
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is highly desirable
- Experience of working REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Exposure to source control systems such as Git
- Exposure to SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Experience of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is a plus
- Experience of testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, dockers is a plus
- Experience with Test Data Management and mapping automated test code coverage
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Experience in performance testing tools like JMeter.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver clear, concise documentation and presentations
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $155,00. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.