A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Platform Integrations and Engineering team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join us as we reimagining the way to engineer core infrastructure and enterprise platform technologies. The team is responsible for engineering scalable and resilient hybrid cloud solutions (both AWS and On-prem). You will be responsible for engineering & enabling enterprise platforms. In this role, you will research problems, evaluate new technologies, , create prototypes, develop (integrated process, automation, define standards) solutions, and provide consulting on complex projects.
- Requires specialized in-depth knowledge and expertise in your own job discipline, Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform and/or other cloud-based platforms and deep experience in integrating related disciplinary knowledge
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Accountable for work of yourself and others; sets standards around which others will operate
- Proactively identifies problems and can present and implement solutions to these problems
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Build capabilities and functions that enable the adoption of enterprise platforms across T. Rowe Price and are drivers of innovation.
- Drive strategy involving implementing standard methodologies in areas of automation, API management, observability, and cloud solutions.
- Guides decisions about platforms and infrastructure upgrades, refreshes, and replacement
- Leads or supports incident response and problem-solving efforts in more highly complex implementations and across multiple domains
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts that span multiple multi-functional domains and informs the generation of new standards
- Be a part of an on-call rotation, continuously enhance automation & documentation, and mentor others on the standard methodologies of infrastructure automation to encourage adoption.
- Mentors other team members
- Capable of leading a team on large, technically complex projects
- Able to overcome differences of opinion and drive team alignment around a specific goal or solution
- Holds associates and teams accountable for adhering to practices and policies
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of products/flows within supported businesses
- Decomposes the most complex problems into discrete work units.
- Identifies non-obvious relationships and anomalies often overlooked by others.
- Balances strategic and pragmatic concerns when solving problems.
- Makes sound decisions with limited facts or resources.
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader business strategy.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of products/flows within the businesses they support.
- Articulates broader business concerns and/or regulatory landscape, including key risks and controls (e.g., GDPR, MIFID, SOX).
- Typically requires 5+ years of systems design, programming, implementation and integration experience including demonstrated advanced major design initiatives.
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications using one or more Node, Python, Java, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS Systems (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server), Tomcat
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS
- A solid core foundation in infrastructure and systems engineering including unix/linux compute, networking, storage, and monitoring stacks.
- Experience developing micro services in both multi-tenant and dedicated micro service runtime environments. Is familiar with the Open Container Initiative and both docker and containerd runtimes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Off-hour implementations are required
- Ability to build positive working relationships with the business contacts, within our IT team, and other IT departments
- Ability to identify tasks and help develop project plans for medium and large-scale projects
- College degree in computer science or related technical field with 7+ years of systems design, programming, implementation and integration experience
- 3+ years of experience within the Amazon Web Services platform
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications with open source Java Script Frameworks (Angular, React, Node)
- Python coding experience
- Cloud application architecture – Microservices, REST, etc.
- Docker container development experience
- Experince within Apigee or another API management platform
- Experience in container orchestration solutions with Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS/Fargate