S&P Global Ratings
The Role: Sr Software Engineer (Big Data, Cloud)
S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Big Data Engineer to join Data Engineering team within Data & Content Products pillar, a team of data and technology professionals who define and execute the strategic data roadmap for S&P Global Ratings. The successful candidate will participate in the design and build of S&P Ratings cloud based analytics platform to help develop and deploy advanced analytics/machine learning solutions.
You will be an expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization’s Data & Content product Engineering Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings organization’s critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data & Content team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P Ratings next gen analytics platform.
What’s in it for you:
If you are an individual that brings demonstrated experience of delivering big data projects as a data engineer,, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with sound technical knowledge, can be hands-on, worked on transformational initiatives, and can drive results.
- Design and develop efficient and scalable data pipelines between enterprise systems and analytics platform
- Work closely with Data Science team and participate in development of feature engineering pipelines
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design and implementation of Ratings Integrated Data Facility with modern AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Data Bricks, Java/Scala and Spark
- Build and maintain a data environment for speed, accuracy, consistency and ‘up’ time
- Support analytics by building a world-class data lake environment that empowers analysts to determine insights into revenue and power products across the organization
- Work with the machine learning engineering team to build a data eco system that supports AI products at scale
- Ensure data governance principles adopted, data quality checks and data lineage implemented in each hop of the data
- Partner with the chief data office, enterprise architecture organization to ensure best use of standards for the key data domains and use cases
- Be in tune with emerging trends Big data and cloud technologies and participate in evaluation of new technologies.
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards
What We’re Looking For
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience as data engineer at an innovative organization
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementing data lake systems using AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Data Bricks, Hive, Presto and Spark
- Expert managing AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, cloudwatch, Lambda) in a multi account production environment
- Experience With Machine Learning Libraries and Frameworks (TensorFlow , MLlib) is an added advantage
- Exposure to R , SparklyR , and Other R packages is a Plus
- Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies such as Informatica, Python, Scala, Java
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Financial services industry experience
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 270249
Posted On: 2023-10-21
Location: Mumbai, India