Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 14,650 employees in 33 operating facilities on four continents and is investing close to $1.5 billion in global rolling and recycling expansions to meet the growing demand for our premium product.
Novelis offers competitive pay, flexible work schedules, and competitive benefits, including paid time off and a generous 401K match. In addition, we provide a strong culture with proven team values. "Say Anything" is just one of our many cultural beliefs. At Novelis, you are not just an employee; you are part of our family!Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Comply with all safety standards and regulations.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in making minor adaptations and modifications to electrical equipment
- Apply lean manufacturing techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks, promoting open communication with peers and providing updates to direct management.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with all company and governmental regulations.
- Prepare and/or modify Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
- Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of small capital projects.
- Provide technical assistance and training to all applicable personnel regarding electrical systems and functions.
- Assist and lead maintenance in diagnosing equipment problems and recommend methods to prevent reoccurrence of these issues to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Analyze and diagnose root causes of problems and failures recommending and providing solutions to maximize uptime.
- Identify potential issues related to the proper and cost effective operation and maintenance of equipment and processes to reduce costs and increase throughput.
- Maintain the integrity of engineering drawings, files, project and equipment archives along with updating deficiencies as they arise.
- Research, plan, and implement assigned projects/tasks to achieve the stated purpose while using the best technologies at the lowest cost.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date specialist knowledge on equipment.
- Implement the Reliability Roadmap objectives in your assigned area.
- Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology preferred and minimum of three years’ experience in an industrial environment required.
- Minimum three years' experience with controls.
- Aluminum industry experience and experience with the hot rolling process strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills required.
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Continuous Improvement principles helpful
What We Offer:
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family’s well-being:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings accounts – Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) savings plans with company match
- Retirement savings plans – medical and prescription drug coverage through private exchange
- Employee assistance programs – available 24/7 to you and your family
- Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
Established in 1991 the Davenport Casting facility employs more than 200 people and serves the building and construction industry. The site produces hot rolled coil by utilizing specialized blending melting and continuous casting processes to produce high-quality aluminum sheet from predominantly recycled materials. Davenport Casting has an active social responsibility committee that supports many organizations in the local community including Habitat for Humanity Riverbend Food Bank CASI and more. The facility also sponsors local events including their partnership with Junior Achievement in sponsoring and presenting at the Advanced Manufacturing Career Day.