Title: Legal Counsel, (DACH)Zendesk is seeking a Counsel in the DACH region (Germany, Austria & Switzerland) to negotiate revenue-generating agreements with customers as part of our outstanding (and fast-growing) EMEA Commercial Legal team. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned negotiator looking to play a critical part in the expansion of one of Zendesk’s key markets as part of a large global team. This role will be remote, ideally based in Germany, Kraków, London or DublinResponsibilities
- Negotiate revenue-generating agreements with customers, both for direct sales and channel/partner sales
- Negotiate reseller agreements with new and existing channel partners for the region
- Develop a close working relationship with the company’s DACH leadership and global business partners in Sales, Finance, Security and other departments to ensure strong alignment with Legal
- Provide practical and business-minded legal advice to business stakeholders on a variety of legal topics
- Assist with other strategic projects for the success of our Global Commercial Legal team
- Fully German qualified lawyer: 1st and 2nd German state exams. (additional degree or specialisation is a plus)
- Strong experience with corporate or commercial law in an in-house and/or law firm environment (preference for both) (Ideally 4+ years experience)
- Hands on experience in processing and drafting contracts especially in the digital environment (SaaS, cloud computing) as well as in IT law
- Full fluency in German and English, both written and verbal
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of privacy and data protection laws, and other EU regulations and standards
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and tech transactions typical to the SaaS technology sectors, such as Subscription Agreements, Services Agreements, Data Processing Agreements and technology partnership agreements, ideally both for direct sales and channel sales
- Ability to provide clear, concise and actionable guidance on complicated legal questions to non-lawyer stakeholders
- Strong track record of performance in demanding, high-growth environments
- High degree of tech savvy, with the ability to complete projects quickly, independently, and with minimal supervision (though you’ll always have the support you need)
- Strong organizational, project management, and execution skills with a collaborative and flexible approach when partnering with others
About Zendesk - Champions of Customer Service
Zendesk software was built to bring a sense of calm to the chaotic world of customer service. Today we power billions of conversations with brands you know and love. We advocate for digital first customer experiences—and we stick with it in our workplace. Over 6,000 employees worldwide have the flexibility to choose where they work. The fact is, we know great work happens anywhere. Whether you’re collaborating from your home office, a Zendesk workspace, or the kitchen table, you’re part of one team at Zendesk.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific accommodation request.
Follow Zendesk To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly! Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers... Read more