Compensation ranges from $18/hr - $21/hr depending on location.
GROW WITH US:
Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and their healthcare providers through a positively different experience. We’d love for you to team up with us to “innovate every day,” put “people first,” and take a “no-shortcuts” approach that has propelled us to become a leader in the diabetes technology industry.
Tandem Diabetes Care is proud to manufacture and sell the t:slim X2 insulin pump with Control-IQ technology. We’re also so much more than that. Our company’s human-centered approach to design, development, and support delivers innovative products and services for people who use insulin. Since many of our own team members live with type 1 diabetes, or have a loved one impacted by diabetes, the work is personal, and we are committed to the cause. Learn more at tandemdiabetes.com.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Our Customer Technical Support Specialist are responsible for capturing customer technical inquiries via phone calls, chat messages and emails from prospective and current customers (patients and their support persons and healthcare professionals). Responsible for determining the level of complexity of each contact with the goal of achieving the highest initial resolution. Documents every call into a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system. Converses with customers in an empathetic and supportive manner to promote the most precise information relating to the issue. Handles all calls in compliance with all the appropriate regulatory requirements outlined by departmental SOPs.
YOU’RE AWESOME AT:
- Responds timely and satisfactory to resolve customer inbound calls and on-line contacts in support all pump models
- Occasionally makes outbound calls as required through the same support line.
- Using approved communication guidelines, responds to customer concerns or inquiries.
- Answers questions and troubleshoots issues related to use of the Tandem's insulin pump, its Software, integrated Mobile App, online t:connect patient portal, and integration with CGM medical devices.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions in responding to customer requests.
- Ability to work in a technical environment providing solutions and services to customers that on occasion may be in a stressful situation; ability to defuse situations.
- Uses training materials and process flow charts to record accurate and thorough documentation of customer contact calls and emails within the CRM system.
- Identifies potential health and safety issues with products and follows appropriate internal notification procedures.
- Uses knowledge to propose recommended improvements to customer related processes and materials.
- Acts as a customer advocate to represent customer needs internally.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds Tandem Diabetes Care Customer Technical Support metrics for the
role of Customer Technical Support Specialist which include quality/accuracy, call monitoring,
schedule adherence, and productivity measures.
- Complies with department’s attendance policy.
- Performs t:connect log analysis related to customer allegations.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPAA and
other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and schedules as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to read and follow flow diagrams and work with decision trees.
- Ability to perform work using a CRM tool which requires navigating in an automated system
- Knowledge of HIPAA desired.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to impart product information over the telephone,
chat and email to patients/health care support.
- Skilled at presenting technical information in a clear, concise manner to all levels within the
- Skilled at contributing on a consistent basis to team initiatives in a thorough and timely manner.
- Able to react to changing situations in a timely, calm, and confident manner.
- Solid understanding of web-based software and the ability to troubleshoot browser and network
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to type at least 55wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
- Bilingual-English/Spanish or English/French desired.
- Flexibility to work shifts including weekends, holidays and beyond regularly scheduled workday as
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High School diploma required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in biology or health related field encouraged and may be required
for many promotional opportunities
- 1-year previous experience in Customer Service preferred but not required.
- Experienced with use of electronic documentation systems preferred.
- Experience working in a HIPAA environment highly preferred.
- Previous IT helpdesk experience preferred.
- Previous experience troubleshooting hardware, software and network connectivity issues is a plus.
- Familiar with the following subjects: driver installation process, USB device communication,
computer and internet security settings, server configuration and communication.
- Bilingual Spanish/French encouraged.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The starting base pay range for this position is $18.00 - $21.00 per hour. Base pay will vary based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and may also fluctuate depending on candidate’s location and the overall job market. In addition to base pay, Tandem offers a competitive compensation package that includes bonus, equity, and a robust benefits package.
Tandem offers health care benefits such as medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts and flexible saving accounts. You’ll also receive 10 paid holidays per year, a minimum of 20 days of paid time off (starting in year 1) and have access to a 401k plan with company match. Learn more about Tandem’s benefits here!
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/california-consumer-privacy-act-notice-for-job-applicants.