American Express Technology is a critical Enterprise function, serving as the backbone of all we do: from providing the underlying infrastructure of the company to building core products and services we deliver to our customers. The Technology organization has dramatically changed over the last few years, moving from a waterfall operation to an agile model of working. As Technology evolves its operating model, Finance will also adapt accordingly to best position the organization in supporting American Express businesses.
This newly created analyst role will be part of the team focusing on the data capabilities and analytics efforts to achieve our vision
Key responsibilities will include:
- Roll out and evolve the way we showcase technology team’s capacity to ensure transparency across AEXP.
- Build new linkages to better educate/inform senior leaders how tech capacity and expenses are deployed to support BU priorities including performance versus expectations
- Build ad-hoc analyses into focus areas related to the financial aspects of technology development primarily via SQL
- Work cross-functionally on projects across the Technology Finance organization to help meet our team goals
- Bachelor's Degree or 2 years of work experience
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity to drive results
- Fast Learner, willing to roll up sleeves and not afraid to try new things
- Excel- Intermediate to Advanced (comfortable with manipulating large data sets, pivot tables, V-Lookups, charts, graphs)
- PowerPoint- Intermediate (be able to manipulate PowerPoint to work hand in hand with Excel)
- Self-starter and high energy person who can operate on multiple, confidential, diverse fronts simultaneously and with careful attention to detail
- Experience in handling and synthesizing complex information
- SQL/coding experience
Preferred but not required:
- Understanding/working knowledge of Oracle, TM1, Hyperion Essbase, and other financial tools
- Experience working with analytical tools (Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Hive, Machine Learning Studio and Yellowbrick, etc.)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.