With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
At American Express the Enterprise Platforms team was created in 2018 as a fundamental part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our business
outcomes, strategic agility, speed to market, and delivery effectiveness. Our Enterprise Salesforce team of over 400 colleagues power this mission by developing Sales & Marketing solutions which harness the power of Data, Machine Learning, and
Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to grow our business. Our platforms support nearly 30k users across the company to manage our customer relationships and grow our business using the full suite of Salesforce capabilities.
We’re always looking to grow our Salesforce team with the best talent and have a full spectrum of positions available for all experience levels and disciplines. Working at Amex will provide an opportunity to apply and extend your skills to Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Mulesoft,
Marketing Cloud, Einstein, CPQ, Tableau, Slack, and an extensive list of App Exchange capabilities. In return we expect a passionate and positive “can do” attitude, clear and logical communication skills, a team player, and someone willing to bring in new
ideas and challenge the status quo to accelerate our transformation journey.
The Salesforce Architect plays a critical strategic role in helping us transform our technology and architecture and delighting our customers with best in class technology platforms. A pioneer of engineering excellence, an evangelist for automation and efficiency, and a
trusted and respected domain expert, our Senior Architects are at the forefront of our technology transformation strategy.
- Member of enterprise platform salesforce architect team developing strategic priorities impacting multiple platforms and products to drive value for our customers.
- Identify areas for technology improvement and partner with teams from across the enterprise to implement innovative and industry best practice solutions.
- Drive automation - develop, manage and improve application, data, integration and security architecture and best practices for Salesforce platforms to increase security, performance, scalability and adoption
- Coach and mentor a team of senior and junior engineers ensuring the quality of their deliverables and growing their careers through timely and actionable feedback and training.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders to deliver high quality solutions on salesforce platforms
- Perform ongoing architecture reviews and audits, code v/s customization review, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- BS degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
- 10+ years of Salesforce development experience on an agile development team
- Salesforce Certified System Architect and Salesforce Certified Application Architect
- Practical and recent experience with other modern programming languages
- Hands on Experience in Apex, Visual force, Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components, React.js and UI Frameworks
- Recent experience implementing Microservices, Function as a Service, RESTful API development
- Fully versed with Source control and effective branching strategies (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, ) and SFDX
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Jacoco, JMeter, Copado, Circle ci) and Continuous Delivery solutions
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce Ecosystem - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mulesoft, Heroku, Tableau, Einstein Analytics
- Highly collaborative with exceptional leadership skills and experience coaching, mentoring and growing engineering talent.
- Comfortable adapting communication to diverse audiences to ensure common understanding
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.