Who You Are:
You are a detail-oriented and support-driven professional, passionate about contributing to the success of internal strategic initiatives. Your expertise lies in enhancing processes and profitability within the company. Excelling in organization and facilitation, you find satisfaction in managing multiple tasks and collaborating with diverse teams. Your goal-oriented mindset aligns with the ambition of achieving high standards and impactful results as part of a cohesive team.
About The Role:
As an Operations Specialist, Vendor Management in the Services Operations team, you play a pivotal role in enhancing processes and driving profitability within the company. Your multifaceted responsibilities include vendor management, bid and proposal handling, meticulous management of strategic initiative documentation and schedules, and report preparation for operational efficiency. Beyond traditional initiative management, you administer vendor assessment and scoring systems, proactively monitor vendor contracts, and strategically address gaps in the vendor pool.
- Administer a vendor assessment and scoring system to evaluate and monitor the performance and capabilities of key vendors, ensuring alignment with company standards and strategic objectives.
- Maintain a comprehensive vendor management program, including developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, negotiating contracts, and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
- Provide input on cost-benefit analyses for vendor relationships, identifying opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Identify gaps in the vendor pool by conducting regular assessments of current vendors, company needs, and market trends, ensuring that the Services Operations team has access to a diverse and capable set of vendors.
- Actively work to fill gaps in the vendor pool by researching, evaluating, and onboarding new vendors that align with the strategic needs and goals of the Services Operations team.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define procurement requirements and specifications, ensuring clarity and accuracy in vendor bidding documentation.
- Implement and manage a systematic approach to vendor bidding, including the creation of bid packages, solicitation of bids, and evaluation of proposals against established criteria.
- Evaluate vendor bids for compliance with requirements, cost-effectiveness, and overall value proposition, providing recommendations to the Services Operations team for vendor selection.
- Proactively monitor vendor contracts to ensure compliance with agreed-upon terms, service levels, and regulatory requirements, safeguarding the business from potential risks and ensuring the fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Develop internal project plans to guide the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Facilitate internal discussions with key stakeholders to comprehensively map business processes, ensuring a thorough understanding of current workflows and areas for improvement.
- Organize feedback from stakeholders for various business functions, assisting with interviews or surveys to catalog their pain points, goals, and requirements.
- Assist with studies assessing the potential for change resistance and manage agreed-upon strategies to mitigate challenges in implementing process improvements.
- Ensure that timeline goals are met by closely monitoring initiative progress and proactively addressing any deviations.
- Provide comprehensive support to the Services Operations team in planning and optimizing operational processes.
- Organize and maintain up-to-date operational documentation, ensuring accuracy and timely updates.
- Prepare and present reports on operational efficiency as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline processes and enhance overall operational effectiveness.
- Adhere to ongoing security protocols and training, maintaining alignment with company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, project management, business management, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a strategic operations or related role, showcasing a strong foundation in project coordination, vendor management, and operational improvement within a corporate setting.
- Proficient organizational and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate resources, develop work breakdown structures, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in administering vendor assessments and scoring systems, with a solid understanding of vendor management processes, contract negotiation, and compliance monitoring.
- Proven ability to assist in the development and execution of internal project plans, ensuring the achievement of strategic initiatives within established timelines.
- Familiarity with bid and proposal management, including the creation of bid packages, solicitation of bids, and evaluation of proposals against criteria.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate vendor bids for compliance, cost-effectiveness, and overall value proposition.
- Previous exposure to facilitating internal discussions, collecting stakeholder feedback, and supporting studies assessing change resistance and process improvements.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, such as developing work breakdown structures and monitoring initiative progress to ensure goals and timelines are met.
- Adaptability and flexibility, demonstrated through the ability to perform additional duties as required within the Services Operations team.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and build trust with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated soft skills and the ability to effectively employ a diplomatic internal customer service approach.
- Integrity, commitment, and leadership qualities.
- Eagerness to learn, grow, and take on increasing responsibilities.
- Proactive, preventive mindset with a willingness to acquire new skills.
- Inquisitive nature, with the ability to seek additional information for resolving uncertainties.
- Proficiency in project planning tools such as SmartSheet, Microsoft Project, Salesforce, NetSuite, etc.
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- We Before Me: We demonstrate empathy through our actions and solicit diverse voices and opinions. We put ourselves in each other’s shoes, readily admit our mistakes, and generously share our time and knowledge.
- Dare To Be Great: We are big-picture thinkers who focus on solutions to problems. We solicit and offer actionable feedback to others without hesitation. We embrace opportunities to improve ourselves, our teams, and our work. We aim to be the best of the best.
- Own It: We set clear expectations, communicate proactively, and follow through on our commitments. We take pride in the experiences we create and the outcomes we deliver. We are personally invested in the success of our team and our clients. We iterate to deliver ever better results.
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- 100% employer covered individual & family health insurance plans provided
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with!
Must be based in the United States.
Pursuant to the NYC Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range in New York City for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 plus opportunities for bonus and/or commission programs. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.