The SaaS Administrator III role is principal level on this team for candidates with significant demonstrated experience as a senior member of a technical team. You’ll be focused on enabling teams around the business through the use of productivity, collaboration, and automation tools. In this role, you will work in a cloud-first technology environment built on SaaS and PaaS solutions as 2U moves away from an in-house, on-prem technology footprint. In addition to administering SaaS systems and building automations for our customers, you will be partnering with stakeholders to solve business problems with SaaS applications. You should have exemplary problem-solving and critical thinking skills; the ability to work collaboratively or independently; an inexorable drive to improve business processes through critical assessment and automation; outstanding communication skills; and, most of all, a human-centered approach to solutions development.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as tech lead on major projects/initiatives that the team drives or contributes to
- Work with customers to understand business goals and key requirements for high complexity system enhancements, automations, and other requests.
- Own and maintain critical business systems, including Jira, Slack, Confluence, Google Workspace, and Onelogin
- Build and enhance medium to high complexity business processes using low to no-code automation tools (e.g., Zapier, Tray.io).
- Lead the training and onboarding of new team members, as well as participate in the continuous process improvement of knowledge sharing
- Proactively recommend architectural changes as needed while supporting new releases to examine the benefits of new features
- Identify and design enhancements and maintenance of automated processes and applications.
- Train and coach internal customers to self-serve creation of low to medium complexity automations using supported tools and low to medium complexity configuration changes in supported SaaS tools.
- Independently evaluate, prioritize, and track your work to address high value and low lift opportunities
- Represent SaaSOps in meetings with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practices are followed for SaaS applications
- Troubleshoot advanced technical issues and devising immediate fixes and long-term solutions.
- Lead audits and high-complexity analysis of SaaS systems and data
- Develop and implement functional tests for security configurations and automated processes.
Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years’ experience administering business critical SaaS Applications in a complex technology environment
- Expertise as senior administrator or technical owner of systems such as OneLogin, Atlassian Cloud, Google Workspace, Smartsheets, and Slack
- Experience integrating systems via SAML, SCIM, IPaaS, APIs, and other methods
- Experience automating processes including user lifecycle management
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong communication abilities, verbal and written
- Experience leading discussions with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and 5-7+ years experience in a SaaS-based environment
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($80,000 - $125,000), with potential bonus. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.