Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's supports independent thought and promotes a work environment that values and maximizes the contributions of all employees. Moody's offers their employees:
Moody’s is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don’t meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody’s Analytics – Know Your Customer OU (KYC OU)
At Moody’s Analytics Know Your Customer (KYC) / Know Your Supplier (KYS), we solve problems that matter. We are a cross-functional team of sales and marketing, technology and product professionals who are all passionate about preventing criminal infiltration of the world’s financial system and bringing transparency to global supply chains by detecting fraud, terrorism, human trafficking, and other criminal threats.
We combine the agility, passion, and dynamism of a startup with the strong positioning and stability of an established institution, providing our people with dynamic career paths and mobility options across the globe, all while having access to the entire Moody’s network. We empower our people and are committed to helping them reach their goals.
The Role / Responsibilities:
The DevOps Engineer will implement a wide range of DevOps tools and practices. They will help develop and maintain DevOps related processes, be a subject matter expert while also exploring new areas and driving improvements within the team.
- Implement best practices for our cloud-based systems including logging, monitoring, deployment & data management.
- Maintain reliability and uptime in all our environments from test through to production.
- Empower the wider engineering function to deliver high-quality code quickly.
- Collaborate with development teams to define architecture, optimize performance, and right-size environments.
- Manage release and deployment cycles for product lines across a wide range of global environments.
- Work closely with development teams to optimize workflow processes.
- Assist in defining DevOps along with quality guidelines and standards.
- Participate in project planning processes.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
- Prior experience (1-2 years) in the following areas:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) experience and knowledge,
- Building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure as code,
- Observability, monitoring and alerting systems and processes,
- At least one Cloud Provider (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud).
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology.
- Knowledge and understanding of Site Reliability Engineering principals.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can-do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow
- Knowledge of at least one and preferably two programming languages.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
EEO Language Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.