Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:AUSNSW112: Macquarie Park NSW, 5 Talavera Rd, Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113, Australia
- Flexible working environment
- Leading Defence Contractor committed to driving strategic growth
- Based in Macquarie Park, NSW or Mawson Lakes, SA
At Raytheon Australia, we draw the brightest minds and give them work that excites them while continuously developing an environment for learning to maintain a highly skilled, world-class workforce. An opportunity is now available for a Mechanical Engineer who wants to be involved from the initial stages of an exciting new programs within Defence.
The Mechanical Engineer will join one of our teams in Macquarie Park, NSW or Mawson Lakes, Adelaide to help develop these major new systems. The Mechanical Engineer will support the design, development, integration, and verification activities for the hardware sub-systems within the capability. The project will undertake Systems, Hardware and Software Engineering development while ensuring all engineering design is undertaken in accordance with specified engineering plans and procedures so that all deliverables are safe and fit for purpose. Key to your success will be the ability to apply a broad range of engineering skills to support the program’s hardware development through its full engineering life cycle.
- Supporting the development and implementation of all mechanical related sub-systems
- Work with customer and other stakeholders to translate their needs into an implementable sub-system requirements and architecture
- Understand the Systems Engineering methodology, tools and procedures required to complete the Systems Engineering tasks assigned
- Support the governance of the program architecture
- Identify and address technical risks
- Support presentation of the system requirements and design to program and customer stakeholders
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant degree in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise; apply and communicate knowledge effectively to others
- Minimum four years' engineering experience including experience in mechanical design and design changes.
- The following experience is highly regarded:
- Experience with a 3D CAD parametric modelling software.
- Experience in mechanical component / sub-system selection and procurement.
- Familiarity with product configuration control.
- Experience with mechanical manufacturing standards and methods.
- Familiarity with AS1100 drawing standard
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence NV1 security clearance.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career access your next mission by clicking on the "Apply" button below or contact us
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly! Raytheon Technologies (NYSE: RTX) is an aerospace and defense... Read more