Senior Software Engineer (Python, Kubernetes, Microservices)
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Product Development Engineering Team
Our engineering team is responsible for the creation and delivery of great software products and solutions, as well as services offerings to support business objectives. The team works closely with a world-class product management team in defining and road-mapping the offerings. We take pride in creating top market products which are unique, cutting-edge, and win the confidence of customers.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Austin, Texas to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software, working with other technologists to build software solutions.
- Design and write test automations in a Test-Driven Development environment
- Expand automation frameworks to meet CI/CD/CT, Regression, Integration, UAT, and Performance testing needs
- Lead investigations into software issues identified, driving them to resolution as an active member of an agile team
- Pair with other engineers to co-develop and co-deliver high quality product features and capabilities
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong Python3 skills related to testing large scale distributed software systems with tools like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, gRPC and REST APIs
- Ability to debug/triage/troubleshoot flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications and guide others to do the same
- Knowledge of Robot or Pytest frameworks, test-driven development models, CI/CD processes, continuous testing, agile development methodologies using tools like Jira/Github/Jenkins/Collaborator
- Ability to learn new tools, languages, and operating systems with some training and on-the-job experience
- 5-8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3-7 years with a master’s degree; or a PhD in related field; or equivalent experience
- Experience in Automations as part of a software development team with a proven track record
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 SEPT 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.