Are you enthusiastic about building intuitive and engaging web experiences? So are we! We are
looking for a talented frontend software engineer who helps us develop ArcGIS Urban, a popular web application for urban planning. ArcGIS Urban empowers urban planners all around the world to make their cities more liveable and sustainable. We are looking for creative, smart engineers to help us build the next generation of urban planning tools.Responsibilities
- Design and implement features in the frontend for our cloud-based application using modern technologies: React, Redux, GraphQL, TypeScript, WebAssembly
- Being an advocate for software architecture patterns
- Work in a small, dynamic and diverse team on all aspects of the development process
- Apply and promote software engineering best practices
- Hands-on coding experience with a popular modern frontend framework
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Adaptable communication skills and ability to distill complex ideas to their essence
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience in writing clean, well-structured, and testable code
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- A genuine interest in (learning all about) urban design and planning as well as 3D mapping,geospatial applications, and more
- Ability to think creatively
- Intuition for aesthetics and information visualization
ESRI R&D CENTER ZURICH
- Where tools to create a better world are developed
- Where the craft of software development meets innovation
- Where diverse individuals focus on collective success
- Where personal growth & quality of life are celebrated
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.