Visa’s Strategic Finance team is looking for a talented Senior Director with a strong quantitative and analytical background. Our team directly supports Visa’s President, CFO, CEO and other senior leaders throughout the company with financial and business analysis and as such, is highly visible and impactful.
The ideal candidate will have an established track record of analyzing complex, ambiguous and rapidly evolving business and financial questions within a data-rich environment as well as executive presentation skills. This position will be based in Visa’s San Francisco office or in Foster City.
- Lead quantitative analysis on Visa’s business drivers to provide proactive insights that shape internal and external communication on Visa’s performance and drive decision making
- Assess key macro and micro trends (e.g., Government stimulus impact, travel recovery trajectory, inflation) affecting Visa’s business model and put in place creative analytics to identify their impact on our drivers and financial results
- Develop business intuition to communicate the main implications observed from analysis
- Design executive level presentations and prepare the President’s presentations to internal and external audiences including the Board of Directors
- Structure approaches to evaluate competitors’ financial performance and provide fact-based understanding of competitive landscape to executive leadership
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve, streamline, and automate various areas of the team's responsibility and engage in the development of new processes and tools
- Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with top finance and business leaders
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
- 10-20 years of relevant financial analysis work experience with 5+ years in corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Expert skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required. Understanding of Payments industry and Visa’s business is preferred but not necessary
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing teams
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets. Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues. Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, and acute professional curiosity. Able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
- Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
- Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 181,800.00 to 250,000.00 USD per year, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.