As an INTEGRATIONS ENGINEER at uShip, you’ll be working cross-functionally to ensure successful onboarding of existing and prospective customers. You’ll work as part of the Product team to gather customer feedback and requirements for APIs, SDKs, etc. You’ll work with Marketing to create documentation and assets that explain our API offerings. You’ll work closely with Sales to contribute on calls with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and technical ability, and then make recommendations on the best path for integration. You will be the primary technical contact for our customers during their on-boarding and integration phase.
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace, making it quicker, easier, and more affordable to ship large or bulky items. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. From cars to cranes and furniture to freight, our straightforward and transparent platform helps people, businesses, e-commerce sellers, and multinational logistics companies ship with greater speed and efficiency. Customers save money and service providers make money using their empty cargo space – everyone wins!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Reporting to our Senior Director of Product Management, you will work closely with Product, Engineering, Business Development and Sales to support and assist our customers with API integration with eCommerce platforms, ERP systems, or direct integration
- Function as the “Go-To” post-sales technical contact for the team and continuously enable them to sell the product with your technical expertise
- Own the technical presentation and pre-sales support to our customers
- Have a deep understanding, and be able to speak to, the different types of integrations we offer, examples of how customers have integrated in the past
- Ability to understand a customers business model to recommend specific integration solutions
- Partner with Product and Engineering to recommend and scope technical solutions necessary to address customer needs
- Partner with our Web Content Manager, Product Marketing and Sales to maintain and improve both internal and public API documentation
- Contributes to relevant white papers, case studies and videos
SKILLS YOU HAVE
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience interacting with prospects and existing customer to integrate APIs into their websites, ecommerce platforms, ERP systems, or similar
- Previous experience as an implementation consultant, integration engineer or comparable role
- Experience working with Salesforce and Jira to track and manage work
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills both customer-facing and internal engineer-facing
- Experience with Postman and creating postman collections
- Experience using Postman to query APIs and parse responses to troubleshoot problems
- Previous experience with integrating solutions via APIs
- Strong skills communicating with audiences of varying technical experience
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
IDEALLY, YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience with API management tools such as Mashery, AWS API gateway etc.
- Experience with Open API (Swagger) specifications and YAML
- Experience with Developerhub.io
uShip offers big-company benefits in a small-ish sized company because we really value and are committed to our people. There are even some extras that will surprise you.
- 100% Paid Health and Dental available
- 401(k) matching, no vesting
- Stock Options
- 100% paid maternity and paternity leave
- uShip shipping credit ($750)
- Pet Insurance
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursements
- Company paid DoorDash pass, plus monthly credit
- So much more!
INCLUSIVITY IS KEY!
We welcome diversity in all its forms, and believe we’re better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it. We are inspired to find candidates who embody our Core Values. uShip prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, parental status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate our differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.