The ServiceNow Customer Success Organization (CSO) —which includes Customer Outcomes (Services sales and Expert Services delivery), Customer Excellence (home to our Impact BU), Impact Delivery, Product Success, and our Global Education organization (including RiseUp!)—is focused on getting our customers to value across the end-to-end customer journey.
What you get to do in this role:
As Senior Director, Strategic Operations - Impact (Customer Success), you will have oversight for the operations across the Impact BU and Impact Delivery organizations driving operational excellence to help the organization realize its objectives. This role works extensively with leaders from both business and technical backgrounds; the ideal candidate will be able to clearly communicate opportunities, ideas, concepts, surface issues, both verbally and in writing, someone who can drive process creation, implementation, and changes with our business partners.
You will be expected to be a collaborative player/coach- rolling up your sleeves to get work done while also structuring workstreams and providing guidance to others. In this role you will work on highly complex problems and help senior leaders and the executive team to organize, prioritize and implement their strategic agenda.
- Ensure consistency on overall strategic goals, standards, objectives and key results, and metrics for each planning cycle
- Drive execution of cross functional projects and programs
- Establish and drive transparency for leadership to regularly monitor operational and delivery metrics
- Drive connectivity and accountability across teams to meet agreed upon objectives and complete agreed upon action items
- Enable alignment for organizational portfolio, process, and visibility in alignment with other functions across product teams
- Maintain visibility across the leadership team for day-to-day Business Operations execution; drive rhythm of business, enable financial planning and investments, support communication strategies etc.
- Monitor and react to performance, accountable for issue identification and resolution in support of organizational goals
- Change Leadership to guide the organization through change including process enablement
- Run/facilitate orgs’ and teams’ offsite / deep-dive gatherings with a focus on intra/inter-team collaboration and objective setting
- Own the headcount process for the organizations and collaborate with finance on headcount process
- Key partner to HRBP on org health development
- Provide support for org/team All Hands meetings + facilitate org’s Leadership team meetings
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to C-level decision making, and establish relationships with senior team members across the Impact organization.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 15+ years of experience with a preference for those with a strategy/planning, product and program management and/or similar role in a technology company
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Analytics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or MBA; or Equivalent related professional experience
- Strong interest and experience working in enterprise technology / SaaS domains.
- Strategic mentality to drive consistency and follow through with leadership and the overall organization
- Thought leadership - ability to lead, influence & mobilize multiple internal collaborators (including top executives) and priorities in a dynamic environment
- Clear communication - excellent communication skills with ability to present complex concepts to both executive leadership and operational teams
- Critical thinking – superior problem solving and analytical skills, take a data-driven, analytical approach to draw upon business insight where information is incomplete
- Results-orientation – an ability to drive business impact / execution, including in a highly autonomous role
- Strong demonstrated experience in organization design, team and community and mentorship
- Experience owning sophisticated program strategy development and implementation across a program portfolio that enables extraordinary customer and partner experiences
- People leadership experience, having led teams to drive collaborative decisions while developing an autonomous team to drive business results
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Great teammate who is also a problem solver
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on sophisticated business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.