What you get to do in this role:
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow is a customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and latest advanced technologies to enable end-to-end, industry-leading work experiences for customers. We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers, and product managers with a critical mission to power AI based workflows and solutions.
As part of Core LLM Team, we build and evolve Generative AI based solutions, and partner with teams to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences. In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment, and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
Applied research scientists/engineers are expected to find innovative and cost-effective solutions to key problems, deliver high quality code, and work with product managers/machine learning engineers/performance, quality engineers to take the product to market.
To be successful in this role you have:
- An advanced degree in computer science (MS/PhD) with a major in Natural Language Processing
- 2+ years of relevant experience with the above-mentioned educational qualification
- Solid software development skills in Python/C++/Java
- Experience in training transformer-based language models and their variants (T5, BART, BERT etc)
- Knowledge of transformer architecture and impacts of modifying the same
- Experience in using GPUs to train deep learning models
- Good knowledge of solving industrial problems using deep learning models with NLP related use-cases
- Strong understanding of model compression via parameter quantization, distillation, teacher-student training techniques
- Strong understanding of large language models, and prompting approaches
- Strong understanding of AI quality evaluation metrics
Experience in reading papers and implementing algorithms described in papers
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.