Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This position is responsible for handling all correspondence related to an insurance or patient account, contacting insurance carriers, patients, and other facilities as needed to get maximum payment on accounts and identify issues or changes to achieve client profitability. This position will also be responsible for working EDI transactions and ERA files, including reconciling carrier submissions, edits and rejection reports.
- Follow up of outstanding A/R all payers and/or including self-pay and/or including resolution of denials
- Ability to research and resolve accounts appearing on Delinquent Insurance Report, Collection Ledger and Government Payor report as directed by management making appropriate decisions on accounts to be worked to maximize reimbursement
- Oversee workflow of the team to ensure productivity measures are met
- Meet productivity standards as outlined in client metrics
- Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention of management team
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Manage escalated patient calls for the goal de-escalations with the ability to maintain
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of the A/R Process
- Ability to meet position metrics goals (KPI’s)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 5+ years of Accounts Receivable and leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare and/or insurance billing and processing
- 3+ years of experience with the A/R process
- Ability to work on site at: 111 Oakwood Rd., East Peoria, IL 61611 between the hours of 8am-4:30pm CST
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Works well with others
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.